Dean Smith

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Dont need one...let me tell you what  would have been said

• Was a special moment as a villa fan leading villa out villa in front of a full house in the premier league
  • Supporters were brilliant
  • Friday will be fantastic atmosphere under the lights
  • Need to cut out the mistakes
  • Everton are a good team
  • Kodjia is still injured

The AVFC youtube channel asks the generic 'safe' questions, it then cuts before the other reporters ask the more probing ones. Nothing against smith or the club press officer, sure every club's is the same, i just find them **** boring

So very true.

26 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Dont need one...let me tell you what  would have been said

• Was a special moment as a villa fan leading villa out villa in front of a full house in the premier league
  • Supporters were brilliant
  • Friday will be fantastic atmosphere under the lights
  • Need to cut out the mistakes
  • Everton are a good team
  • Kodjia is still injured

The AVFC youtube channel asks the generic 'safe' questions, it then cuts before the other reporters ask the more probing ones. Nothing against smith or the club press officer, sure every club's is the same, i just find them **** boring

Think that's a bit harsh on Smith - he's been much more open about how we play and our weaknesses than previous managers. Press conferences at United when Mourinho was there were like something from a dictatorship. You could imagine journalists being dragged out and beaten by the MUFC press staff for asking a question that was even slightly probing.... 

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

Think that's a bit harsh on Smith - he's been much more open about how we play and our weaknesses than previous managers. Press conferences at United when Mourinho was there were like something from a dictatorship. You could imagine journalists being dragged out and beaten by the MUFC press staff for asking a question that was even slightly probing.... 

i'd agree in his post match interviews that's the case, but less so in the pre match press conference, based on my experience of them

Absolutley shocked after watching that!

Smith deflecting talk about the crisis we're in by picking the england squad for Southgate and talking about tammy abraham's troubles on social media.

This is must win for Smith or the mutterings of discontent will turn into screams, especially with the likes of mourhinio currently between jobs.

Totten - unhappy campspurs and FC long hair girl heading a football should have been low hanging fruit, instead we're the laughing stock of the premier league after spunking 120m on a bunch of green bananna's.

Edited by screwdriver
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Smith deflecting talk about the crisis we're in by picking the england squad for Southgate and talking about tammy abraham's troubles on social media.

This is must win for Smith or the mutterings of discontent will turn into screams, especially with the likes of mourhinio currently between jobs.

Totten - unhappy campspurs and FC long hair girl heading a football should have been low hanging fruit, instead we're the laughing stock of the premier league after spunking 120m on a bunch of green bananna's.

Tip top sparkling wit on display there but surely you must have been a mite disappointed with the loss to Bournemouth? You don’t get long to learn theses lessons in the premier.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I suppose as you aren’t playing until Sunday you have to pass the time some how. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

surely you must have been a mite disappointed with the loss to Bournemouth?

I was unhappy especially after the champagne football of last spring.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I suppose as you aren’t playing until Sunday you have to pass the time some how. 

Ha! It's Poets day actually

• Like 1

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

I still can't work it out. 

Master troll and seeing a genius at work or just crazy posts. 

Very confused.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

...Poor trolling.

Anywho... How long until Smith is under pressure you wonder? He should be fairly safe for quite a while but once the crowd turns, it turns.

When we fail to come back up next season

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Just like the Adomahs and Huttons your posting was OK at Championship level but its bit of a step up now and definite need more effort 

Maybe can ship you out to another forum 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

...Poor trolling.

Anywho... How long until Smith is under pressure you wonder? He should be fairly safe for quite a while but once the crowd turns, it turns.

I hope it would only turn if we were bottom and relegated early. 

If we are in with a chance of 17th then he should be backed. 

Sadly, the expectations some start to have I can't see it  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

...Poor trolling.

You're right about the crowd.

If we get to the end of West Ham which is 5 league games with 0 points the home fans won't have seen much in the way of results.

If we play like we did against Bournemouth every game though I think it'll be more like 10+ games until crowd start to go. Can't argue with industry like that.

It'll take some real smelly stuff for him to be under real pressure of the sack I think. Bottom 3 when we hit Jan and poor performances aplenty for any hint. They've just stuck a big picture of him on the side of the stadium. I think Purslow finds him professional to deal with, doesn't stray from his head coach lane.

Only reason to sack him and this is the case for any manager is if he loses the dressing room and the players are not "playing" for him.

That being said it would take a lot for that to happen. Smith is very well respected within the player group, Terry as well.

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Only reason to sack him and this is the case for any manager is if he loses the dressing room and the players are not "playing" for him.

That being said it would take a lot for that to happen. Smith is very well respected within the player group, Terry as well.

The difference with Deano though is that, if he ‘loses the dressing room’, I’d rather sack the players than the manager. Dean stays for the long run in my view. 

Edited by Tayls

Â