Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, tinker said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we get a loan deal done but if we don't then it's vital we sort something out in the next transfer window 

As the window is now closed I'd be incredibly surprised :trollface:

I think we have had previous managers that would have played back up players in cup games but would have never given them a chance in 1st team regardless

As squad saw last season with Steer that if you play well, you will get a chance to keep the jersey hence last nights performance 

6 hours ago, terrytini said:

First time since Little ( and more so than then) that we’ve looked like a properly coached side, where there are real plans, and where everybody - including all those who stepped in tonight - know what they are, and what their role is in implementing them.

Great to see.

This was why we won the game so handsomely for me. It had a bit of a pre-season friendly vibe from our end, yet despite not looking at our sharpest for long periods of the game everyone knew their role, the muscle memory kicked in and we romped it. 

I almost felt sorry for Crewe. Because a well drilled side like this with a system which demands goals will batter much lesser opposition 99 times out of 100 even when not at their best. Crewe never really stood a chance. 

• Like 2

Something I really love about Dean Smith is the fact he and his coaches are giving us a style to our play - an identity! 

Reading his post-match comments where he mentions about the players all knew what was expected of them and knew their roles/positions etc.

Isn't it good to know that we have a squad of players that know what's expected of them and are not just asked to make it up as they go along. 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This was why we won the game so handsomely for me. It had a bit of a pre-season friendly vibe from our end, yet despite not looking at our sharpest for long periods of the game everyone knew their role, the muscle memory kicked in and we romped it. 

I almost felt sorry for Crewe. Because a well drilled side like this with a system which demands goals will batter much lesser opposition 99 times out of 100 even when not at their best. Crewe never really stood a chance. 

Might not of stood a chance but at times they played well to the point they could and would of been very capable of killing us off early, with a bruce, rdm, Sherwood side we'd of been screwed against the crew that played yesterday I reckon.

55 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Might not of stood a chance but at times they played well to the point they could and would of been very capable of killing us off early, with a bruce, rdm, Sherwood side we'd of been screwed against the crew that played yesterday I reckon.

So you agree with me? 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So you agree with me? 

I do yes just that I think If Crewe had of scored early, it may of been a very different game and much tighter.

There have been many giant killings before and will not surprise me if a couple are to come, all it takes is for a squad to think they've won the game before it's began.

I thought Crewe played very well at times, could go far this season.

Had to have a laugh n half at the manager though, he did some very hilarious moves to his subs.

Did like Davis's power shot that went rattling at the back of the stand, thought it might of rebounded back onto pitch lol.

was shocked to hear Smiths disparging remarks about mings.

saying Grealish has more competition than mings for a place in the england squad????????? Mings is up against 80m boys like Stones and Mcguire.

Grealish is up against utter crud...the crock oxlade chamberlin, the worst player to win a champions league medal square ball technician Jordan henderson....Harry "spurs get better when they take him off" winks.  and the less said about jessie lingard the better.

Grealish should be punching the wall all day today.

At least Villa fans can enjoy the kick back from an enraged Grealish tomorrow at selhurts. I expect a dalian-esque moment tomorrow. someone bring a brolly.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

was shocked to hear Smiths disparging remarks about mings.

saying Grealish has more competition than mings for a place in the england squad????????? Mings is up against 80m boys like Stones and Mcguire.

Grealish is up against utter crud...the crock oxlade chamberlin, the worst player to win a champions league medal square ball technician Jordan henderson....Harry "spurs get better when they take him off" winks.  and the less said about jessie lingard the better.

Grealish should be punching the wall all day today.

At least Villa fans can enjoy the kick back from an enraged Grealish tomorrow at selhurts. I expect a dalian-esque moment tomorrow. someone bring a brolly.

Agreed.  Smith out! 🙄

• Haha 1

Wesley has been up on his own seeing none of the ball for 3 of our 4 games so far. 

We need to make a change to the system to get him in the game. 

I’d drop a wide player to add another central midfielder and push Grealish forward to be closer to him. 

Just now, villalad21 said:

Smith is inept to change a game when we are struggling.

Good coach, atrocious tactician.

That’s a bit of a frustrated knee jerk response. He made a number of changes today and one of them scored an equaliser. 

I’m not sure what he would have done differently, we were always going to be up against it with 10 on the pitch.

• Like 1

Â