Dean Smith

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Is it any wonder, We have our manager saying Brentford are brilliant and you can't create chances against them, Ultra defensive Bruceball Wednesday had 16 shots against them tonight and stuffed them 2-0...

Not a bad start he is having there, P6 W3 D3 L0 F8 A3 PTS 12

Same amount of points in 6 games as we have managed in the previous 12

He hasn't got the messiah grealish either and he seems to be coping ;)

Not sure if you've got a poor memory or just being talking bollocks on purpose.

Smith said, 'We knew we weren't going to be able to outplay Brentford, but I know they have their weaknesses and we tried to exploit them. If we took our chances we would've won the game."

31 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Is it any wonder, We have our manager saying Brentford are brilliant and you can't create chances against them, Ultra defensive Bruceball Wednesday had 16 shots against them tonight and stuffed them 2-0...

Not a bad start he is having there, P6 W3 D3 L0 F8 A3 PTS 12

Same amount of points in 6 games as we have managed in the previous 12

He hasn't got the messiah grealish either and he seems to be coping ;)

Bruce took over at start of February, it's been agnew and clemence till he came off holiday hasn't it been. It's not bruce that's got that Wednesday team playing good again, it's agnew and clemence.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Bruce took over at start of February, it's been agnew and clemence till he came off holiday hasn't it been. It's not bruce that's got that Wednesday team playing good again, it's agnew and clemence.

P6 W3 D3 L0 F8 A3 PTS 12

those are the results since Bruce took over at the start of the month. Due to their cup games they didn't play many league games in Jan but they were not exactly spectacular when they did

Bham Drew 1-1

Luton 0-0 before winning replay 1-0

Hull Lost 3-0

Wigan Won 1-0

Chelsea - lost 3-0

Edited by LakotaDakota

Just now, holteend1982 said:

Just a shame the following 17 games for Smith were pants. 

More or less. Yep.

Point is people seem to be very quick to judge managers after a handful of games. Think we went unbeaten in Bruce’s first 8 games. Didn’t quite work out for him or us in the long run, did it?

• Like 1

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

So you want him gone then Dem?

I didn't say that yet as I think he should  get until end of season. But he hasn't been a good appointment so far in my opinion as proven above. That's excluding the humiliating three nil loss at home to swansea as well. If you include that it's one win in ten. Dreadful form. 

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Not sure if this is what you were getting at, but I don't think that thinking the manager isn't doing a good job and wanting him gone go hand in hand.

I think he's doing a shit job at this very moment. I think he's failing to get anywhere near the best out of the team.

But I certainly don't want him gone. I just want him to improve things, but think he will long term.

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I didn't say that yet as I think he should  get until end of season. But he hasn't been a good appointment so far in my opinion as proven above. That's excluding the humiliating three nil loss at home to swansea as well. If you include that it's one win in ten. Dreadful form. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I didn’t say you wanted him gone, I asked you if you wanted him gone.

I’m trying to ascertain what your post was getting at. That we’re in poor form? I think it’s been mentioned once or twice. Not quite sure what it’s adding to anything. We know it’s shit form.

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I didn’t say you wanted him gone, I asked you if you wanted him gone.

I’m trying to ascertain what your post was getting at. That we’re in poor form? I think it’s been mentioned once or twice. Not quite sure what it’s adding to anything. We know it’s shit form.

So we are all agreed he is under achieving? As there are various posters who say they are happy with what Smith has done but I don't see how anyone can be happy with this? 

He is under performing badly. If this form continues until the end of season I don't want him here next season. I don't want to take a gamble hoping he will get better. 

If the form improves then I'll happily give him the summer. But the most alarming thing for me is how is unable to get ghe best out of what he has. Listening to elphicks interview really is alarming  as it seems there are problems in the dressing room

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

So we are all agreed he is under achieving? As there are various posters who say they are happy with what Smith has done but I don't see how anyone can be happy with this? 

He is under performing badly. If this form continues until the end of season I don't want him here next season. I don't want to take a gamble hoping he will get better. 

If the form improves then I'll happily give him the summer. But the most alarming thing for me is how is unable to get ghe best out of what he has. Listening to elphicks interview really is alarming  as it seems there are problems in the dressing room

Thank you, that post gives a better insight of your thoughts on the matter.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Thank you, that post gives a better insight of your thoughts on the matter.

No worries. I probably give this impression that I am anti Smith but I am not j wnat him to succeed but I am worried he can't handle the pressure here. Its a different animal to brentford. Last thing we need is to gamble give him the little money we have to bring in players and then we have to sack him mid season again and then have this whole scenerio again. 

For me there has to be improvement form now until end of season otherwise we will have to look at a change. If that were to happen jokanovic is the man I think. 

• Like 1

Â