Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I don’t want him sacked and nobody said he needs to win every game but if his current rate of 2 in 13 continues for much longer than people have every right to question whether he is the right man for this club .

if he is the right man then great , but he needs to turn this around as the  pressure on him will quickly build with results and performances like we’ve seen recently .

should we finish this season closer to the bottom 3 than the top 6 then it will be hard to justify his position 

I think he's the right man for the rebuild, but whether it'll be too toxic by then for him to continue I'm not sure.  Plus if Wagner is still without a job, then it would be tempting.  It's just so depressing again.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think he's the right man for the rebuild, but whether it'll be too toxic by then for him to continue I'm not sure.  Plus if Wagner is still without a job, then it would be tempting.  It's just so depressing again.

Or jokanovic 

• Like 3

He can't do the job with these players, so in reality, he can't do the job. I just didn't think we expected we would have to endure the rest of the season without hardly winning a game, awaiting Dean to bring his own team in. I certainly don't think the board planned this either.

It's not the best squad but its not this bad. Playing not to lose like I have said before, he's making the squad nervous.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He needs until at least the end of the season, and if they DO sack him (which I currently don't want them to), it needs to be a TOP **** manager otherwise we may as well keep him.

He will get until the end of the season, certain of that.

In my opinion he has 13 games to show that he’s the man to take us into next season. I’m not sure what he has to do in order to show that, in terms of number of wins, but more than two, put it that way.

I’m not chomping at the bit to get rid, but I’m also not gonna defend him to the hilt. Feeling very neutral on him at the moment to be honest. Obviously I know we should be doing better than we have been doing, but taking the various factors into consideration, I’m not exactly sure how much better we should be doing.

Jury’s out.

• Like 4

Those asking for this to be turned around are in for quite a tough time between now and the end of the season. We need to accept the fact that he has about 5 decent enough players to select each game and after that we are useless. They cannot play his way because they are either too old, too slow or both! 

He needs his players but, will the board give him that license to do his thing? Time will tell but I do fear that we will continue in the same way until the end of the season and then his position will be in the balance, especially if the likes of Rodgers becomes available. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

No team is getting promotion with the likes of Hutton and this midfield we have. This winter transfer window was a disaster really.

Very tough time to be gutting and rebuilding a team in January.  It's the accumulation of several disastrous transfer windows that is the problem.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

Bruce was toss but he would of done better than this. 

Jokanovik or Wagner. 

both a success in the championship but a failure and sacked in the PL

what would it achieve? promotion at all costs regardless of us being shit when we get there and having to start again?

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

both a success in the championship but a failure and sacked in the PL

what would it achieve? promotion at all costs regardless of us being shit when we get there and having to start again?

Sounds better than league one bud.

Wagner did pretty good in the prem considering how little he spent over 4 transfer windows there.

Edited by Merson08
  • Like 1

He will get next season for sure. We put up with Bruce for ages and while it's not going well under Smith he deserves a chance to get some of his own players in. We aren't getting promoted with this squad and the injuries we have had to Grealish & Axel.

Our full backs and CMs are shocking and yet we had to prioritise getting a keeper and CB in as those areas were even worse! I don't want Hutton, Whelan, Taylor, Jedinak, Thor,  Elmo playing but you look at the other options and you can see why a few of them are in the starting 11 each week. The whole squad needs an overhaul. Only Grealish/McGinn could leave Villa and move to a better team.

Â