Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Looks out of his depth , maybe the club is too big for him - got off to a decent start but the last 2 months have been dreadful - we looked woeful in defence but good in attack but now we look poor in every as;etc of our game - hugely disappointing 

i **** properly hate that statement

that in my mind is a massive part of our players problems, the illusion that we're a big club

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Good manager who will do well here if given time. Don’t blame him for this mess.

He will turn this around in the summer. 

UTV

He will be judged on results like any other manager - and he needs to deliver fast - this is shocking today and has been for weeks 

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i **** properly hate that statement

that in my mind is a massive part of our players problems, the illusion that we're a big club

Huge difference between managing a side at Brentford on low gates and budgets to managing a club with the fan base of villa 

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

He will be judged on results like any other manager - and he needs to deliver fast - this is shocking today and has been for weeks 

YES SIR!

I think the ‘he needs to deliver fast’ rhetoric is exactly the reason we’re 10th in the Championship.

I might give him time, see how it pans out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jareth said:

Honestly think those days are gone, and that these owners have a long term plan with DS as manager. 

If things continue as they have been in recent weeks then the board may well need to rethink 

Just now, Eastie said:

If things continue as they have been in recent weeks then the board may well need to rethink 

First thing Edens said coming in was that nothing was going to happen quickly - I think he's got sound judgement.

Not good enough , its very easy to over react and apply knee jerk reactions. But this is simply  just not enough. I dont see any evidence this will improve when you cant even see the basics being applied. If the  owners  are serious about a complete rebuild  they need to put the club in the hands of a proven manager. If this continues into next season we will continue to be a midtable championship has been!

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

YES SIR!

I think the ‘he needs to deliver fast’ rhetoric is exactly the reason we’re 10th in the Championship.

I might give him time, see how it pans out.

When I say deliver fast I am not talking about promotion but  he needs to deliver results - 2 wins in 13 is totally unacceptable and the performances are dire in recent weeks too - if it continues much longer then serious questions should rightly be asked 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Hogs difference between managing a side at Brentford on low gates and budgets to managing a club with the fan base of villa 

yeah the difference is we have a conveyor belt of under performing players who keep getting told what a massive club they're at, the majority of this squad at the biggest club they will ever be at in their career or at the end of their career

big wages at this big massive club, cruising without a care in the world happy with their lot

9 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Think there’s probably issues behind the scenes yet again at the club, it’s just disgraceful. 

I take solace in the belief that every single one of our players will be put up for sale in the summer. Barring Grealish and McGinn, I wouldn’t care one bit if every single other player f****** off.

Never have I hated a squad as much as I do this one. 

Stick Hourihane at the top of that list. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Two wins in thirteen. 

You really are hopeless Smith. 

😂 I remember you wanting him for about 3 years. 

I'm not having a go at you by the way, more making the point that none of us have a clue anymore. 

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

We wanted Bruce out because he had no plan B. I have seen no suggestion that Smith is any better.

Might that be because we don’t have a plan B? 

Maybe because our squad is terrible? 

Do you think if we sacked Smith tomorrow, the next manager would have a ‘Plan B’?

Â