Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I really want to come out and say he should **** off because things have been dire for months now, but we're such a graveyard for managers that I can't see anything other than the next manager being a failure, whoever it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I take solace in the belief that every single one of our players will be put up for sale in the summer.

I remember a few games ago after the break the team were told/agreed no matter what's happening in the summer that they've got to give it their all. I think we're seeing now what happens when the majority of your team pretty much know they won't be here next season - possibly why we've seen a 17 year old subbed on too.  

Just now, DCJonah said:

Since MON left, all we have done as a club is think about the next year. Short term plan after short term plan. And look where it has got us. And people want us to continue doing that? What is wrong with them

The mind boggles.

I don’t see Smith going anywhere soon though, thank god. I think the board has more sense than ‘HE NEEDS TO WIN EVERY GAME NOW’.

Im actually going to enjoy the fact that not sacking him is annoying a few people on here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I really want to come out and say he should **** off because things have been dire for months now, but we're such a graveyard for managers that I can't see anything other than the next manager being a failure, whoever it is.

Yeah, he's doing rubbish, but so will the next guy so it barely seems to matter. We are terminally shit.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I remember a few games ago after the break the team were told/agreed no matter what's happening in the summer that they've got to give it their all. I think we're seeing now what happens when the majority of your team pretty much know they won't be here next season - possibly why we've seen a 17 year old subbed on too.  

It’s a valid point and one I’ve discussed with a few other fans. This set of players is atrocious and ultimately they know they won’t be here next season so why even try? 

Smith ain’t stupid though, he’ll try and move all of them on in the summer. We need a complete refit.

• Like 1

Players don’t really care as majority won’t be here next season through a variety of reasons (contract expiring, getting shipped out etc). Majority don’t really care about professional pride as they aren’t exactly starting their careers. Dean Smith has been disappointing too in all honesty. 

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Players don’t really care as majority won’t be here next season through a variety of reasons (contract expiring, getting shipped out etc). Majority don’t really care about professional pride as they aren’t exactly starting their careers. Dean Smith has been disappointing too in all honesty. 

You really think they will get any decent offers if they play like this?

This is just another excuse for Smith's failure. The players aren't holding us back, tactics are.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Hutton and Elmo for 90 minutes.

The guy is clueless.

You realise we only get 3 subs right?

Keeper got injured, and the other 2 were rightly subbed.

ALSO, please tell me who else we had to put on for Hutton?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The mind boggles.

I don’t see Smith going anywhere soon though, thank god. I think the board has more sense than ‘HE NEEDS TO WIN EVERY GAME NOW’.

Im actually going to enjoy the fact that not sacking him is annoying a few people on here. 

I don’t want him sacked and nobody said he needs to win every game but if his current rate of 2 in 13 continues for much longer than people have every right to question whether he is the right man for this club .

if he is the right man then great , but he needs to turn this around as the  pressure on him will quickly build with results and performances like we’ve seen recently .

should we finish this season closer to the bottom 6 than the top 6 then it will be hard to justify his position 

Edited by Eastie

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You realise we only get 3 subs right?

Keeper got injured, and the other 2 were rightly subbed.

ALSO, please tell me who else we had to put on for Hutton?

Wouldn't have started either of them tbfh and I would subbed at least one.

Â