Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I really despair!

Smith adopted a team of players on the whole who challanged for promotion. Like it or not under a different manager the football was deperate but we were challanging . This is a very weak average leauge and we are totally  floundering.

My point is DS should be able to adapt this set of players to a system that suits. He cant continue the high press as this simply isnt working. He needs time perhaps another window to reshape the squad into the way he wants to play. In the mean time he needs to manage and adapt to waht he has got.

What i want to see is effort,  and pride from the team and offer the fans  somthing to get behind !

It is shocking  and extremely worrying that Snith plays Hause. Not even close to being at the required level and if the manager cannot see that I really despair. And why he choses the negative line ups when he played more attacking when winning earlier, I cannot understand..worrying times indeed. 

15 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

I really despair!

Smith adopted a team of players on the whole who challanged for promotion. Like it or not under a different manager the football was deperate but we were challanging . This is a very weak average leauge and we are totally  floundering.

My point is DS should be able to adapt this set of players to a system that suits. He cant continue the high press as this simply isnt working. He needs time perhaps another window to reshape the squad into the way he wants to play. In the mean time he needs to manage and adapt to waht he has got.

What i want to see is effort,  and pride from the team and offer the fans  somthing to get behind !

Without some really key members of that promotion push, surely you need to acknowledge that

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hughes said:

It is shocking  and extremely worrying that Snith plays Hause. Not even close to being at the required level and if the manager cannot see that I really despair. And why he choses the negative line ups when he played more attacking when winning earlier, I cannot understand..worrying times indeed. 

Haha he has started one game and he is not even close to the required level. Glad he got a chance with you. 

59 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The ultimate humiliation would be missing out of the playoffs and finishing behind small heath and Sheffield Wednesday. It's looking more likely by the week. 

Yep, thanks Dean. You useless clown.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

🤦‍♂️

yep this defensive record is definitely smiths fault

Oh yes because he has great defensive record at his previous clubs.

His best ever finish is the dizzy heights of mid table in the second division. The majority  of his time here has been abysmal. 

Forgive me for wanting a little better for my club than an average 2nd division manager with no pedigree whatsoever. 

i thought it was fairly obvious from the good run we had at the start is that smith's approach to defending is to keep the ball, possession meaning they cant attack

we seemingly have a squad that have decided they are incapable of passing a football, that worked under bruce, doesn't work now, we cant string together five 5 yard passes, have no sense of urgency or desire, we're back to players simply not giving a **** because they know the finger isnt going to be pointed at them

there are maybe 3 players in this team that are good enough, the rest can **** off, they're killing us

Questions will be asked at the end of the season. 

How much the board take into consideration that these players won’t be here remains to be seen.

But if this carries on, I won’t be at all surprised if they’re considering their options. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Continues with the same laboured, uninspiring and under-delivering 4-5-1 formation, with the same core and even starts someone like Elmohamady in midfield. Bruce would rightly get pelters for these sort of decisions. Smith has come in and offered virtually no new ideas, it's really very disappointing. 

Yes Bruce left us in and mess and yes Smith needs more time but he's not showing enough to suggest he's actually the man for the job, the task looks a bit too big for him in my opinion, my confidence in him is severely waning. 

I agree

Don't want him gone, trying my best to stick with the project. But you cannot disagree, DS has no plan B what so ever. Even with his own players in, I cannot see the defensive issues ever being resolved. He literally has no idea how to set up a defence, proof being the goals conceded already.

I just cannot see with a few players gone and his own in, missing Grealish and maybe others, he will turn this club around to be promoted next season. It'll be a miracle.

The best he can do is turn us into a Brentford.

Edited by foreveryoung

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Continues with the same laboured, uninspiring and under-delivering 4-5-1 formation, with the same core and even starts someone like Elmohamady in midfield. Bruce would rightly get pelters for these sort of decisions. Smith has come in and offered virtually no new ideas, it's really very disappointing. 

Yes Bruce left us in and mess and yes Smith needs more time but he's not showing enough to suggest he's actually the man for the job, the task looks a bit too big for him in my opinion, my confidence in him is severely waning. 

Looks out of his depth , maybe the club is too big for him - got off to a decent start but the last 2 months have been dreadful - we looked woeful in defence but good in attack but now we look poor in every aspect of our game - hugely disappointing 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

Very disappointing. 

He has to give us something to ensure he gets time. He's giving us worse than nothing currently. We look awful in all areas. Fair play for bringing Ramsey in today, but it's nothing revolutionary. 

I haven't struggled this much to watch a team since Garde. 

• Like 2

Â