Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

A manager with only mid table finishes to his name should never be good enough credentials for the Villa job.

The board is as much of an issue as Dean Smith is.

In fairness, Bruce had a bunch of promotions to his name and he still turned out to be a failure here.

• Like 1

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

He will get next season for sure. We put up with Bruce for ages and while it's not going well under Smith he deserves a chance to get some of his own players in. We aren't getting promoted with this squad and the injuries we have had to Grealish & Axel.

Our full backs and CMs are shocking and yet we had to prioritise getting a keeper and CB in as those areas were even worse! I don't want Hutton, Whelan, Taylor, Jedinak, Thor,  Elmo playing but you look at the other options and you can see why a few of them are in the starting 11 each week. The whole squad needs an overhaul. Only Grealish/McGinn could leave Villa and move to a better team.

Why should he?

The rebuilding is happening regardless who our manager is. Why not getting someone better in with better credentials?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A manager with only mid table finishes to his name should never be good enough credentials for the Villa job.

The board is as much of an issue as Dean Smith is.

Good lord. 

Turning on the board now. If you are not the vast minority then this club is in big trouble. Thankfully, i believe you are. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

He will get next season for sure. We put up with Bruce for ages and while it's not going well under Smith he deserves a chance to get some of his own players in. We aren't getting promoted with this squad and the injuries we have had to Grealish & Axel.

Our full backs and CMs are shocking and yet we had to prioritise getting a keeper and CB in as those areas were even worse! I don't want Hutton, Whelan, Taylor, Jedinak, Thor,  Elmo playing but you look at the other options and you can see why a few of them are in the starting 11 each week. The whole squad needs an overhaul. Only Grealish/McGinn could leave Villa and move to a better team.

He may get the start of next season but if things don’t improve then why should he get the whole season - managers are judged on results and rightly so 

1 minute ago, Merson08 said:

At least the anger has disappeared from our results its more expectant to lose. The excitement for the next game has gone

For Villa to lose its now just numbness.

The attendance today would disagree with you. Unless you were just talking about yourself.

Just now, KMitch said:

When Smith came on board, everyone knew it was going to take a long time to turn this team around...  Now it's been 4 months and everyone is starting to turn on the guy after he's only been allowed one permanent signing.  What a joke. 

I'm still sticking by Deano for another 2 transfer windows.  Six players in today's starting 11 won't be here next season...  If we're still playing this same garbage football a year from now, I'll be having second thoughts.  Until then, I'm still supporting Smith, regardless of the results on the pitch.

I wonder if those early fantastic performances have done him more harm. Raised expectations on him very quickly. 

• Like 3

Just now, DCJonah said:

I wonder if those early fantastic performances have done him more harm. Raised expectations on him very quickly. 

Agreed...  People thought we'd challenge for the title after those first few games...  When we came crashing back down to earth after Grealish's injury, it's been hard to cope with.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bruce did a respectable job. We reached the play off final under him which is alright, not great.

Reached the play off final but then didn't turn up? 

Nobody remembers the losers in a playoff final, we may as well have finished midtable.

Edited by AshVilla

9 minutes ago, jim said:

The man is deluded. “Nothing in the game” **** me!

Not sure what is so deluded. We missed 2 sitters and hit the bar, while having much more of the ball. They seemed to score a freak first goal and pounced on a mistake. 

This midfield needs a complete overhaul. Minus McGinn, Jedinak, Whelan, Lansbury and Hourihane has to be the slowest and most unadventurous midfield in the entire league. Jack when he was fit managed to be the glue that kept it from falling apart. How can we expect to create chances when Whelan and Hourihane play with their backs to the opposition goal, and pass the ball back with their first instinct? Couple that with Elphick who is a big step down from Tuanzebe in terms of distribution and bringing the ball out of defence and we're left with a team that's slow in thought and in play. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'd be a lot more concerned if he didn't start off with those performances, without those he'd be on about 3 wins in 20. 

Expectations were play offs from day one when he came in, there was talk of top 2 after boro game but that soon faded away. 

Â