Dean Smith

Demitri_C

read the thread back!

I made my thoughts clear we should of stuck with Bruce. This time last year we had 50 points and were in 4th place. Not bad for a park the bus manager. I hope all the soccer snobs are happy with this champagne football we are being served up now are not booing the players off at half time 😊

But as we made the change we should of gone all out from Brendan Rogers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

read the thread back!

I made my thoughts clear we should of stuck with Bruce. This time last year we had 50 points and were in 4th place. Not bad for a park the bus manager. I hope all the soccer snobs are happy with this champagne football we are being served up now are not booing the players off at half time 😊

I was quite full after all the champagne football served up in the first quarter of the season, thanks.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve called certain decisions by Smith into question recently, but yesterday confirmed to me that too many of these players just do not put in the required effort. 

You could have Pep in charge and I don’t think he could motivate Hourihane to run or make a forward pass. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, av1 said:

It seems.that we all want the sort of progressive football Smith wants to play yet some haven't got the patience to allow him to try and implement it. 

The vast majority of our squad are crap, he had 2 blokes that suited his style (Axel and Jack) and with those, and in spite of the rest of the crap he took us on a great run against some of the best teams in the league. Lose those two, left with the shit and it's no surprise results and performances gave been affected. 

I'm still convinced that he is the right man and 3/4 signings will make all the difference. 

is that 4 in total ? (he has already signed 2) .....or another 4 ?

20 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

read the thread back!

Haha did you just ignore this season?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

read the thread back!

Lost all credibility using the word soccer

• Haha 1

Smith needs to learn from this period. Thus far, he has stuck rigidly to one system, in spite of losing 2 players who were key to its success. Without like for like back ups the system is now too predictable and easy for opponents to nullify. Unfortunately the main weakness in it (i.e. Leaking goals) is still there. 

What DS needs to do is be prepared to be flexible when the circumstances become challenging. In this case, he needs to amend his aporoach to the players who are fit and find a sysyem that works without Grealish and Tuanzebe. If he doesn't then i can't see him having the consistency that will keep him in the job long term. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

No your're right. Lets go for another gamble to try and fix short term issues.

That's worked so well all these years. 

Well Lerner had a 5 year plan - 

short/term long term - I am not really sure that comes into it - look at the managers leeds got through.  Is sticking with Smith long term good ?  - If he isn't delivering come next autumn then he will be gone  - if he limps through this season with only another 3-4 he will be on thin ice. (IMO)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well Lerner had a 5 year plan - 

short/term long term - I am not really sure that comes into it - look at the managers leeds got through.  Is sticking with Smith long term good ?  - If he isn't delivering come next autumn then he will be gone  - if he limps through this season with only another 3-4 he will be on thin ice. (IMO)

Lerner said a lot of things. He certainly didn't have a long term plan. 

When i say build something long term that doesn't mean smith stays regardless of results. But these quick fixes have done nothing but cement us a championship team. 

Its time for something different. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Looking forward to people on here defending DS after losing to Ipswich next Saturday. 

You looking forward to us losing against Ipswich?

Bildresultat för ok gif dazed and confused

Edited by sne

Â