Dean Smith

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

It's worth investing the big money just to get back in the big time.

If you're half arsed about doing it by getting lower league managers and pray it works out.......thats what I call a massive spunk!

the big money like on Ross McCormack, Scott Hogan, Bolasie?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

spunk money on proven talent. look a all the shit goaly's we've got? 4 utter garbage keepers.

They're just pulling names out of a hat. press and guess.

Get heaton in on loan. Pay the going rate. He's worth 10 points a season with clean sheets.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I'm so confused by this... You want to play one winger? That would be a really unbalanced formation ?!

i was thinking more you can't have two out and out wingers that don't track back and have two full backs that can't defend.

I presume Dean swapped El Ghazi for Adomah as Adomah usually tracks back and is more wide man than out and out winger (mainly because he is too crap to be a proper winger).

31 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

We should of gone all out to get brendan rogers. Blow celtic out of the water with compo. Yes we need to build for the future. But we need to be in the prem before we end up like Accrington Stanley. Their nativity means we are stranded in the hellish purgatory that is the sky bet championship.

Leave Celtic for Villa..... You're having a laugh!!!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Listening to Shearer describe Wolves' players on MOTD.....'all comfortable on the ball'....how many of our players can you say are comfortable on the ball?

You haven't seen a Neil Taylor throw in. Guys so comfortable on the ball he wants to take it home with him.

My first choice to replace Bruce would have been Rodgers although I was never sure that he would leave a champions league team for a toxic mess of a championship side and I wasn't surprised that Smith got the job. I see his appointment in two ways, firstly totally unconvinced that he's the man to take us up such a massive jump in club size and fan expectation but on the flip side maybe the right and clever appointment in getting us a championship manager for a championship club which some need to get used too 

26 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

spunk money on proven talent. look a all the shit goaly's we've got? 4 utter garbage keepers.

They're just pulling names out of a hat. press and guess.

Get heaton in on loan. Pay the going rate. He's worth 10 points a season with clean sheets.

The goalkeeper is the least of our worries right now.

Heaton is now Burnley's first choice keeper, they aren't going to let him go out on loan.

We've also just spent 6 million on Kalinic who is a very good keeper, why would we waste anymore money?!

6 hours ago, romavillan said:

Ok, i agree about the youth, we'll might as well. the stuff about the plan not working for weeks though, its the same plan that totally turned the club around and produced some of the best football we've played for years. plus today he switched to a flatish 4-4-2 so that looks like another option.

We've won one game in almost two months. It hasn't worked since the loss of Grealish and Tuanzebe. Maybe he could start a game with a different formation rather than us salvaging a draw once the system has changed. We will begin the next game with the same old team when it's crying out for a bit of a mix up. Players aren't punished for awful performances.

8 points from our last 8 games. We all know the famous Einstein quote. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 7392craig said:

I know it seems like a small detail, but I always worry about managers when results are going bad, and they say the players have got good character.

I worry that he's a bit of a soft touch, he's said a few times the players have good character and are 'training well'. It's ok after a match pointing out where we went wrong and that we were sloppy in possession blah blah blah but it's the same dialogue week in, week out. Do something about it man.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, screwdriver said:

It's worth investing the big money just to get back in the big time.

If you're half arsed about doing it by getting lower league managers and pray it works out.......thats what I call a massive spunk!

No way, we have invested big money under bruce and many before  and look at the squad we have. Don't see why doing more of what has failed us is suddenly going to change our luck.

We have a massive wage bill, massive pile of players who don't seem to want to play there hearts out for a club they so often say they love.

I see championship players and even league two players, playing with more ambition than what our first teamers are.

I bet any money that there are tons of players out there who would give anything to be in there shoes and play a hundred times better. Our players are the problem and ok they came from behind today but the out lining problem is that we have a squad that just isn't clicking, moulding together to get the job done.

Do you really want to invest heavy knowing our parachute payements are gone soon, risk it all on more players coming here with negative attitudes. We won't go up if we risk big investment after big investment, we have to bring players in who want to be here for the rite reasons, play football because they see this club as there future and want to take the club further.

Basically Grealish and Mcginn are the types of player we need at villa, we can take our time finding them,it's best we do that so long as they are rite for the club and they come here witj the rite mentality.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, New_Hope said:

Listening to Shearer describe Wolves' players on MOTD.....'all comfortable on the ball'....how many of our players can you say are comfortable on the ball?

Then why doesn't DS adapt his tactics and play to their strengths instead of their weaknesses?

Â