Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

am with Smith all the way, I'm prepared to give him as many seasons as it takes a I am fed up with sacking managers only to repeat this same crap over and over.

That's scary.

You would stick by him no matter what happens? What if he got us relegated next season? You would still stick by him in the name of Consistency?

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

That's scary.

You would stick by him no matter what happens? What if he got us relegated next season? You would still stick by him in the name of Consistency?

He would be sacked way before that happened so it’s irrelevant whether he would stick by him or not. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

That's scary.

Well what were doing isn't working, sacking managers as soon as they put a foot wrong or should I say after a few seasons, I think we need to stick with someone for the high and the lowes. If we were to end up in a bad way, who's to say a change of manager can sort it out, it's always a risk in hopes of bringing in someone to put things rite again. One thing for certain is sticking with someone as capable as what Smith is and as smart as he is, can lead to a turn around in poor form and results.

I can see us anyway in the bad end of the league next season if this team isn't changed and we get rid of the ones slowing us down. I just don't see most of these players proving there worth and taking us into the premiere. Most were with us when relegated, rite? so what makes us think they can do the impossible, and fire us into the premier. On there worst days our players would need to be the best out there, thats what it is needed to get promotion. For most in this league each season, it's a heck of a battle, only a select few who prove there worth and battle every step get to go to the promise land. Yet those clubs who are sticking with things, the way they coach, play, execute plans on the field are the ones becoming very successful now. Dedicated clubs who stick with an approach which are starting to reap the rewards from a long time of slowly building squads that will challenge, take on and win squad that are built with big money is how it should of be done in the first place.

We as fans need to be prepared to accept the losses as well as the wins, be prepared to fight the long distance not rush it short term only to be left shocked and depressed when things don't turn out rite. By sticking by a manager long term more than a few season, we can ensure stability most of all and a settled house which is some of what we really need most of all.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well what were doing isn't working, sacking managers as soon as they put a foot wrong or should I say after a few seasons, I think we need to stick with someone for the high and the lowes. If we were to end up in a bad way, who's to say a change of manager can sort it out, it's always a risk in hopes of bringing in someone to put things rite again. One thing for certain is sticking with someone as capable as what Smith is and as smart as he is, can lead to a turn around in poor form and results.

I agree with consistency being ideal, but only with the right manager.

Give consistency to a average manager and you'll end up average.

We will see how DS will do next season with a pre season. If we don't get into the top 6 next season he need to go imo, we have one of the biggest budgets in the league, next season there are no excuses.

3 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I can see us anyway in the bad end of the league next season if this team isn't changed and we get rid of the ones slowing us down. I just don't see most of these players proving there worth and taking us into the premiere. Most were with us when relegated, rite? so what makes us think they can do the impossible, and fire us into the premier. On there worst days our players would need to be the best out there, thats what it is needed to get promotion. For most in this league each season, it's a heck of a battle, only a select few who prove there worth and battle every step get to go to the promise land. Yet those clubs who are sticking with things, the way they coach, play, execute plans on the field are the ones becoming very successful now. Dedicated clubs who stick with an approach which are starting to reap the rewards from a long time of slowly building squads that will challenge, take on and win squad that are built with big money is how it should of be done in the first place.

We as fans need to be prepared to accept the losses as well as the wins, be prepared to fight the long distance not rush it short term only to be left shocked and depressed when things don't turn out rite. By sticking by a manager long term more than a few season, we can ensure stability most of all and a settled house which is some of what we really need most of all.

Just out interest what manager would have stuck with that we have sacked in recent times ? 

In my opinion, its fine to say what you see in terms of what the team is dishing up.

To blame the manager so soon, is a bit pre-mature.

He knows whats wrong, but hasn't got the tools to put it right....when he does the criticism, if required, will be a bit more apt.

The manager does have the ultimate responsibility for the team, but not to go out and buy who he wants....we have to be fair here.

You cannot always coach your way out of every situation.

• Like 2

Any one of us has no more passion about AVFC than the man in the seat.

We have to trust him, to get it right.

I don't subscribe to this theory he has always been none defensive with other clubs....He has had to cut his cloth according to where he was.

He has more latitude now to get it all right, defensive and offensive....but it will take time, it has to be done incrementally, to sustain a balance in the club, in the finances.

Its frustrating right now, but I think in a reasonable time he will get it right.

It is one thing knowing whats wrong, its a whole different ball game putting it right immediately.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Green is better than Bolasie anyways

quite a sweeping statement for me.....tell me in  5/10 matches in....I think Bolassie has arguably more talent, Andre, more intensity and effort....both injury prone....one is more likely to get better than the other...but we'll see.

but certainly the right decision IMO.

Â