Dean Smith

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lost all credibility using the word soccer

I used it to preserve grammatical integrity. using the same word twice in a sentence and all that.

However I needed have bothered worrying it's clear I'm dealing with a load of brainwashed viz readers or the smith family members. 😀

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I used it to preserve grammatical integrity. using the same word twice in a sentence and all that.

However I needed have bothered worrying it's clear I'm dealing with a load of brainwashed viz readers or the smith family members. 😀

“needn’t”

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Top 6 bare minimum for me.

based on?

He took over a team with 1 win in 10 in the easy set of fixtures. On what basis should we have been challenging for top 6 this is without a full transfer window or pre-season

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

based on?

He took over a team with 1 win in 10 in the easy set of fixtures. On what basis should we have been challenging for top 6 this is without a full transfer window or pre-season

A underperforming squad won't change my opinion on anything other than a top 6 finish will be a failure.

17 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Wow, Smith out campaign already. Have you lost your minds, what exactly are you expecting?

Not joining any “Smith out” campaign (I don’t actually think there is one, think that’s a bit of a straw man) but so far we have had from Dean Smith exactly what I expected.

Won 6, drawn 6, lost 5. Scored 31, conceded 28. So lots of attacking football but lots of goals conceded and points dropped as well.  

Exactly what you got at his other clubs.

He may need to change his approach to matches if he is to be a success here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Not joining any “Smith out” campaign (I don’t actually think there is one, think that’s a bit of a straw man) but so far we have had from Dean Smith exactly what I expected.

Won 6, drawn 6, lost 5. Scored 31, conceded 28. So lots of attacking football but lots of goals conceded and points dropped as well.  

Exactly what you got at his other clubs.

He may need to change his approach to matches if he is to be a success here.

Even i'm not DS out yet, and i am probably DS heaviest critique on here.

I still believe he deserves a summer and a pre season to his belt like Steve Bruce did.

But that doesn't mean i believe in this DS project. Reason being what you mentioned, his defensive record as a coach.

Edited by villalad21

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Even i'm not DS out yet, and i am probably DS heaviest critique on here.

I still believe he deserves a summer and a pre season to his belt like Steve Bruce did.

But that doesn't mean i believe in this DS project. Reason being what you mentioned, his defensive record as a coach.

So you believe he deserves at least 8 months more but openly would prefer bruce now. Mixed messages. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

So you believe he deserves at least 8 months more but openly would prefer bruce now. Mixed messages. 

Even though i would prefer a manager like Steve Bruce doesn't mean i'm calling for DS head.

From an objective standpoint he does deserve a summer and a pre season.

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Not to be one of those guys, but this didn’t last too long fella 😂

That was quoted before me doing any sort of research on him.

I still stand by that he deserves another season though, to be given the right to prove me wrong.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That was quoted before me doing any sort of research on him.

I still stand by that he deserves another season though, to be given the right to prove me wrong.

And yet you said you will be entertained by people defending him if we don't beat ipswich. 

Like i said mixed messages. 

Â