Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, lexicon said:

As others have said, individual mistakes and some dubious reffing really **** us today. 

It really was shocking, but it's what we've came to expect from that shower of corrupt shit.

Scaramancia is a real thing in football. And it takes excellent work rate, organisation, discipline and morivational skill from the manager to beat the worst cases of it.

But we're not there. We need to do better. Deano needs to do better.

They came back from 2-1 against Roma to win 6-2, so we should have been far more alert that second half. Instead we switched off until we gave them the lead.

Big fan of Deano, but this was poor methinks. Lighting a **** fire under their arses and having them focused is a big part of his job, and he failed today.

Oh well. I expected nothing today, so nothing changed.

I'm genuinely starting to wonder if I'll ever see us beat United at home.

If they haven't already blown us away you can bet we'll find a way to do something stupid and give them the win. Every year without fail. 

Oh well, like I said in the reaction thread, I knew this was going to happen so there's no point being disappointed over it all. My biggest disappointment is no Watkins and we're gonna have to see Davis or Wesley upfront against Everton bloody hell... 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Scaramancia is a real thing in football. And it takes excellent work rate, organisation, discipline and morivational skill from the manager to beat the worst cases of it.

They came back from 2-1 against Roma to win 6-2, so we should have been far more alert that second half. Instead we switched off until we gave them the lead.

Big fan of Deano, but this was poor methinks. Lighting a **** fire under their arses and having them focused is a big part of his job, and he failed today.

I don't think we switched off, it's a terrible decision from Luiz. You could see how angry Konza was about it. 

Let's also not forget that no team this season has beat them at home and they've scored more second half goals than any other team. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What rubbish, a silly one decision turned the game from Luiz and the ref was abysmal in the second half.  Man Utd have scored so many goals second half in the season and are the comeback kings and are second in the league with quality throughout and they can bring on Cavani and we have Davis.  You cannot surely blame Smith for that result today, or if you can it's bizarre.  I know people have issues with Dean and some i get and some i dont, but being reasonable has to come into it. 

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think we switched off, it's a terrible decision from Luiz. You could see how angry Konza was about it. 

Let's also not forget that no team this season has beat them at home and they've scored more second half goals than any other team. 

Thing is, Luiz is always capable of that. Mad rushes of blood to the head sometimes for bizarre, unnecessary fouls in dangerous areas.

Cash tried to emulate him the other day as well.

• Like 1

I think Dean Smith for next season should get Vinnie Jones out of retirement for 2 games. I'm sure he'll be available after his initial 20 game ban to play in the second game too.

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

There wasn’t really much more than Dean could have done today. Bar the silly mistakes and corrupt refereeing, we really weren’t that bad. Certainly not 1-3 bad.

Completely agree...both Luiz mistake to start off with for the penalty and Mings trying to hard to get the ball and Greenwood turned him easily.  Two silly mistakes but then the ref took over and decided to really give Man U the game, disgraceful from the ref.  We were part of our own downfall but jeez that ref may as well put a Man U shirt on at the end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You're right. We only gave away s penalty. And **** knows what that second goal was about.

If that isn't switching off in professional footy I don't know what is.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thing is, Luiz is always capable of that. Mad rushes of blood to the head sometimes for bizarre, unnecessary fouls in dangerous areas.

Cash tried to emulate him the other day as well.

Young and inexperienced players learning I think, although Mings was an error for the Greenwood goal trying too hard

• Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

You're right. We only gave away s penalty. And **** knows what that second goal was about.

If that isn't switching off in professional footy I don't know what is.

So an individual error means switching off? To me switching off is not following runners, giving the ball away cheaply etc.. 

As a team we had not switched off. Luiz makes a terrible decision and things change on that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

So an individual error means switching off? To me switching off is not following runners, giving the ball away cheaply etc.. 

As a team we had not switched off. Luiz makes a terrible decision and things change on that. 

Yes. Personal errors are a part of switching off. That's pretty basic. You do stupid shit when you're not focused.

Â