Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Klopp is turning in to Smith. The same 11 for 3 games in a row!  These managers really should start listening to their fans more.

Klopp is doing this deliberately to make a point to the board to loosen the purse strings in the summer. Seen it time and time again from managers. Total Douganomics from the Plop board. Won the league at a canter so they feel there's no need to add to the squad. Whereas Manure under Taggart would have freshened the squad, had players lined up by April ready to go for preseason.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Klopp is turning in to Smith. The same 11 for 3 games in a row!  These managers really should start listening to their fans more.

To be fair, i've seen alot of Pundits, Carragher included speak on the fact that they are probably burnt out.

Think we need 6 more wins to get top 10 finish, can't see anything from 55 points only being good enough for 11th as would mean likes of Palace and Southampton would have to go on incredible runs. Wolves are starting to pick up so they need to be watched but they still struggle to score goals.

I get the arguments, I'd have signed up for 12th no problem in September but given how we've played for majority of the season we've shown we're much better than that. Think only the negativity of last decade is clouding people's ambitions.

In the 80s we came up and within two years were finishing 2nd. In 94/95 we stayed up last day and then finished 4th the next season and we also rose from 16th to 6th in O'Leary's first season and within two years under MON.

Of course it's tougher nowadays but so many of the top sides are struggling for form feels like a year we really need to take advantage as I think next season will be more what it usually is.

Next two will be very tough to win whoever is fit but I like we've then got a run of SHeffield United, Wolves and Newcastle so that's a good chance to get another 7 points on the board and be in mid 40s before the last 10 games.

He simply must do better next week.

No longer starting players because he's star struck by their reputation. We need graft next week to get anything at Leeds so that to me is Trez and Sanson starting.

I honestly thought he'd learn from last season but that was one naive team selection at five past one and we basically lost the game by giving Harvey and Barnes freedom of VP in first half.

Feels like Craig Shakespeare has gone on holiday as we've had a proper gameplan for most of the season yet in last few weeks it's felt like DS has been trying to put his own stamp back on the team and we go back to the reckless abandon nature of last season so he needs to snap out of it quick.

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We are not a pressing side anymore.

No energy in midfield at all in the last 4 games.

Ramsey and Samson come in and then drop Sulky chops and McGinn.

If Dean picks the same midfield against Leeds I will start to doubt his ability as a manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

It really wasn't that bad today, unfortunately that disaster first 30 minutes was enough for Leicester. 

I do think it's time for him to drop Barkley though, especially against them pressing machines Leeds. 

But we had lost the game already by the end of that woeful 30 minutes! Do we ignore that?

No doubt the same lineup against Leeds, if any changes he’ll swap a winger for another and will do that sub as he loves a winger sub everygame

Sick of seeing McGinn and Barkley play and offer us nothing and yet in the minutes Sanson and Ramsey has played the last 2games so much better

• Like 1

He got it horribly wrong today.

Our midfield was entirely missing at the start. Neither McGinn nor Luiz picked up Maddison, giving him plenty of space. Dean seemed to give instructions for McGinn to push up early, leaving Luiz exposed.

And Leicester started with 2 fullbacks on our left - so, of course, all our early play went down our left rather than down our right where Traore had a teenager to play against.

He may have addressed this at half time but the game was already gone.

Poor.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He simply must do better next week.

No longer starting players because he's star struck by their reputation. We need graft next week to get anything at Leeds so that to me is Trez and Sanson starting.

I honestly thought he'd learn from last season but that was one naive team selection at five past one and we basically lost the game by giving Harvey and Barnes freedom of VP in first half.

Feels like Craig Shakespeare has gone on holiday as we've had a proper gameplan for most of the season yet in last few weeks it's felt like DS has been trying to put his own stamp back on the team and we go back to the reckless abandon nature of last season so he needs to snap out of it quick.

Start Trez? What? Please no. Playing him is like starting with 10 men 

Just now, Taxahunter said:

Start Trez? What? Please no. Playing him is like starting with 10 men 

He did fine start of the season. He did have covid a few weeks back let's remember so still feeling his way back.

We will need players who run up and down the pitch constantly to get a result next week so he fits the criteria for an hour.

4 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

He got it horribly wrong since the Covid outbreak. 

Our midfield was entirely missing at the start. Neither McGinn nor Luiz picked up Maddison, giving him plenty of space. Dean seemed to give instructions for McGinn to push up early, leaving Luiz exposed.

And Leicester started with 2 fullbacks on our left - so, of course, all our early play went down our left rather than down our right where Traore had a teenager to play against.

He may have addressed this at half time but the game was already gone.

Poor.

Fixed the first line for you

El Ghazi was in par, we looked miles better when Barkley went off for Ramsey, he also didn’t even try and run back to stop that Maddison goal.

Stop starting Barkley it’s so simple, it’s obvious and there is no excuse persisting with his level of performances for what is now a quarter of the season.

Â