Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I thought Smith had a bit of a bad start start to the game. Kept that high line for first 30mins where we looks so vulnerable. 

eventually you’d hope we have enough quality in the team to play that risky high line but with McGinn and Traore giving the ball away or being dispossessed so often it’s very dangerous

When we were being humiliated by Watford and Sheff U last season I saw nothing to suggest he would turn things around ... Leicester away without Covid would have been his last game .

Somehow since then it’s clicked and we look a confident unit and one that seems to be improving  each month ... fair play to him for turning it around 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I was just checking games in charge by villa managers, as Smith appeoaches 100.

3 things stood out.

He has nearly caught Bruce up

God we had some awful managers over the last 15 years.

We only had 4 "managers" before WW2.

A few more wins and he'll have our highest win percentage of any since 1934 which is incredible when you think about it. The guy is just steamrolling this job.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

When we were being humiliated by Watford and Sheff U last season I saw nothing to suggest he would turn things around ... Leicester away without Covid would have been his last game .

Somehow since then it’s clicked and we look a confident unit and one that seems to be improving  each month ... fair play to him for turning it around 

I disagree, yes he was faltering at that stage, but I think he had the full backing of the board. I think they would’ve stood by him. 

The turn around has been amazing. Fair play to him

28 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I dunno what y'all are rambling about, he's clearly out of his depth at this level :trollface:

There is a little picture at the end of your sentence, does this mean you are taking the piss ? I do hope so otherwise you are talking bollox.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Excellent tactics today spoiled by an absolute bellend named Mike Dean. There were times when our final ball.or touch was poor , but I can see what the tactics were and we were dominant for large parts. 

We seem to have a plan for every team we come against. Every game seems like the tactics are different, and evidently effective as we look good in every game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

In the words of my favourite villa manager. 

"Hopefully that will shut a few people up."

That my friend is just what we have been talking about.

The sheer doggedness was to be applauded.

it was a result borne out of determination and will to win.

While the spectacle was not fir the purists, it was a clear indication, that this team is no push over.....I am proud of them.

Great result and a clear indication of our ambition to stay in this league.....Wolves looked clearly shaken with our physicality and approach, at the end.

That was the "never say die" Villa i was hoping to see, at some stage.

Can't speak highly enough of them tonight.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, smg said:

There is a little picture at the end of your sentence, does this mean you are taking the piss ? I do hope so otherwise you are talking bollox.

Have you not used the internet in the past 10 years?😅

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We seem to have a plan for every team we come against. Every game seems like the tactics are different, and evidently effective as we look good in every game.

That was a great win....proud of them tonight.

showed all the qualities to win a game......dogged to a fault.

showed they have it in them.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Just imagine what he'll be able to do with an even better squad. 

Hmmm - that's the dilimena for me. You can't fault his record - but we have some fine players now.

Martinez-Mings-grealish - would get in at a top prem side.

Mcginn,Luiz,Watkins, Konsa ,Barkley - all prem quality 

Given the players he has at his disposal, what acceptable this season ? - has to be top half for me.

Â