Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

I never take anything at face value. 😄

I guess age has something to do with it.....but I think some folk make out the game is more complex, than it really is.

There are many football journo's who are intent on making something simple in to War& Peace....I read a report the other day with, graphs and diagrams of illustrated events during a game, it went on an on.....at the end the conclusion was just about the same as I gleaned from watching the game. I basically learnt nowt and I am not tring to be arrogant or clever.

Football is simple.

On 10/12/2020 at 14:40, sparrow1988 said:

I never take anything at face value. 😄

if a beautiful woman asked me to dance.....I wouldn't have to research it or ask for her motives...😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Another indicator of our clear progression.

Very encouraging....personally, I have small concerns with the offensive side of our game.....I think it is clear, we have progressed.....its the other end we need work and tighter control.

This team of ours can beat anyone and create chances against anyone....we could be a bit more clinical maybe, but that will come.

ps good indicator...intersting how most have regressed.

Edited by TRO

19 hours ago, TRO said:

if a beautiful woman asked me to dance.....I wouldn't have to research it or ask for her motives...😅

You’d find them out later when she’s taken all your money and moved on to the younger model!

• Haha 2

Two things.

1. We were better against West Ham than today.

2. The squad respects the managers decisions. Grealish must have been gagging for that pen after last few weeks of giving them away. Anwar is very much a reserve now but he's #1 so he takes it. 

• Like 3

Out of the last 3 it was the performance least deserving of 3 points, these things do tend to even out.

It’s been done to death but he really does hate subs, Luiz was a walking red card for a vast portion of the 2nd half.

• Like 2

The funny thing is we gave up more chances today than we did in our previous two games, just goes to show that how clinical the opposition are often dictates the perception of how well you've defended.

Wolves were probably the better side on balance today, but as we have done in almost every game this season we did well ourselves, stayed resolute and were rewarded for it in a way that we were unlucky not to be in previous weeks. We've turned a corner this season and you love to see it.

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Two things.

1. We were better against West Ham than today.

2. The squad respects the managers decisions. Grealish must have been gagging for that pen after last few weeks of giving them away. Anwar is very much a reserve now but he's #1 so he takes it. 

Quoted on the BBC El Ghazi said Grealish gave the penalty to him. 

It's kinda crazy that the only game where we've truly deserved to lose when taking scoreline and performance into consideration was the Leeds game. Which we got wrong tactically on the day but that happens, it's football. 

So much improved on last season. Making solid progress with a pretty poor squad too. 

• Like 2

Â