Dean Smith

Demitri_C

14 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Based on average rating for your players. I think it is really skewed toward us though because we don't make many subs so all our players average ratings are really high as they are getting the full 90 to do things and with algorithm they use it doesn't appear to be weighted for minutes so our players are doing really well on these tables. 

The fact Martinez is rated below 7 means its all rubbish however it works.

I would like to think the table of team stats is sorted based on more than just how your individual players rated, especially given the stats shown in the table are team % stats and ignore players playing

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

The fact Martinez is rated below 7 means its all rubbish however it works.

I would like to think the table of team stats is sorted based on more than just how your individual players rated, especially given the stats shown in the table are team % stats and ignore players playing

Goalkeepers just don't get really high ratings if they don't save penalties and he has only one game below a 7 rtg which was against southampton where he received 4.77. Where I don't think he had a save he could have made so it is likely looking at the xGs and going well he should have stopped some of them even though they were rockets. 

Also the 3rd highest rate dpmayer last season only received 7.33, with De bruyne reviving 7.89 and ricardo pereira receiving 7.56. The system works pretty well.

Yeah this one certainly isn't on Deano.

Players knackered from several internationals in quick succession and the resultant sloppiness and a diabolical referring display at the end. Not too mention an injury to a key player in the 2 minute.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

People saying we wont go down.  0 points from the last 3 suggests over wise.

**** poor dean. Its no good beatkng arsenal then losing to Brighton at home. Pathetic result

We won't go down don't be ridiculous 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

**** poor dean. Its no good beatkng arsenal then losing to Brighton at home. Pathetic result

The recent home displays are not good enough, but we've literally gotten 3 points from our last 3, not 0.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Poor result but we've won 5 and lost 3 and will probably finish the weekend still in the top 10.

The defeats are disappointing, of course, but we've gone from being a poor team last year to being a decent one this year. Massively inconsistent, but thats to be expected. We're still in the early stages of building the squad. 

Just need to sort our form out against teams we are expected to beat, 

Edited by Xela
re-worded stuff
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, penguin said:

Yeah this one certainly isn't on Deano.

Players knackered from several internationals in quick succession and the resultant sloppiness and a diabolical referring display at the end. Not too mention an injury to a key player in the 2 minute.

It's on Smith that we are so open.

He needs to find the right balance against the so called smaller teams. Brighton cut through us as easy as a knife through butter.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Seems to struggle getting them mentally in the same shape for games we are fancied to win versus one's we are underdogs. A running theme too. Not good.

I think this is it. Home/Away is kind of irrelevant this season. We are struggling in the games we start as favourites for some reason. 

Obvious Grealish, Mcginn, and Douglas were not up to speed after being over used during the international break.  

Then throw in Trez missing every way possible and it was just one of those days. On to the next. 

• Like 1

It just wasn't our day today, think we all realised that pretty early on. It's going to be like this for a lot of the season I'd imagine, incredible performances one week followed by a disappointing one the week after. Very inconsistent.

We should be fine for mid table, it would have to be a calamity of the highest order for us to end up in another relegation battle. 

Possibly a weak excuse but the international break didn't help us at all, the likes of Grealish, McGinn and Luiz must have been absolutely knackered. Our first 11 is fantastic but I think the lack of depth in our squad is what will really hurt us this season. 

Â