Dean Smith

Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Listening to Dean Smith's interview he seemed angry about the way we gave away the goals so it's not like he doesn't notice it. We clearly need to make better decisions defensively to become harder to beat.

On the whole though he is doing a really good job IMO. All the games this season, with the exception of the Leeds game, I think we've deserved at least a point and not only that, typically, we've played good entertaining football in the process.

We're doing that playing the youngest average starting 11 in the league too so reason for optimism.

People have got carried away our aim should be mid table and to get another 3/5 players next summer 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Listening to Dean Smith's interview he seemed angry about the way we gave away the goals so it's not like he doesn't notice it. We clearly need to make better decisions defensively to become harder to beat.

On the whole though he is doing a really good job IMO. All the games this season, with the exception of the Leeds game, I think we've deserved at least a point and not only that, typically, we've played good entertaining football in the process.

We're doing that playing the youngest average starting 11 in the league too so reason for optimism.

This is so key I just wanted to re-emphasize the point. Young teams will make mistakes, even egregious ones at times. 

The first goal, when both our CBs got lost ball upfield, is a perfect example. 

I listen to a couple of FPL and soccer podcast in general. Villa have been the talk of the town since we bonked Liverpool on the head 7-2. We are exciting to watch and have been attracting new fans from all over. 

If fans are noticing I promise you propective recruits are as well. Who wouldn't want to come play for an attacking team with a Head Coach who always backs his players. This season was so crucial to get right and currently Dean has us 5 points off of first with a quarter of the season played. Let's enjoy it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

People saying we wont go down.  0 points from the last 3 suggests over wise.

**** poor dean. Its no good beatkng arsenal then losing to Brighton at home. Pathetic result

pretty sure we beat Arsenal in our last game

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

3 home games

You can’t seriously think we’re in the mix to go down though, surely. We could have gone top tonight. We win our game in hand comfortably and get some favours we could be second. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

For the good start we had , been very poor in games we lost need to develop some consistency.

I'd much rather be in this position where we're looking for consistency than not even playing well at all like a lot of teams in this league. It's promising.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Ah good, plenty of the same faces expecting to win every game. They'll learn at some point.

Fatigue throughout the squad. Barkley injured after 2 mins. Mings a suicidal carcrash. McGinn and Watkins miles off it. Jack as bad as I can remember him ever in the last four years.

And we still should have won.

I'm not even a huge fan of Smith but not winning today is definitely nothing to do with coaching or tactics. We should have scored six.

Its mad isn't it?

A win would have taken us top of the league and Dean Smith needs to learn quickly and sort it out. 

After a game, where we created more than enough chances to win.

We didn't even have a striker on the bench and lost Barkley after 1 minute.

Some people just don't think. 

Edited by DCJonah

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Ah good, plenty of the same faces expecting to win every game. They'll learn at some point.

Fatigue throughout the squad. Barkley injured after 2 mins. Mings a suicidal carcrash. McGinn and Watkins miles off it. Jack as bad as I can remember him ever in the last four years.

I'm not even a huge fan of Smith but not winning today is definitely nothing to do with coaching or tactics. We should have scored six.

Well I am a huge fan of Smith, but I have a bone to pick with him when it comes to rotations. 

There's no point having a squad if you don't use it. There's no chance that a fit Nakamba and Horihane wouldn't have been better than a shattered Luiz and McGinn.

Getting this right is his job. I would probably have even started Traore over Grealish.

Now we lost, got a bunch of displeased players in the squad that realise they won't get a look in no matter what. And McGinn, Luiz and Grealish are even more exhausted.

This is straight up poor management. Our bench might be poor, but it's a squad game unfortunately.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Its mad isn't it?

A win would have taken us top of the league and Dean Smith needs to learn quickly and sort it out. 

After a game, where we created more than enough chances to win.

We didn't even have a striker on the bench and lost Barkley after 1 minute.

Some people just don't think. 

So we are not entitled to criticize when we see the same defensive mistakes to last season?

I thought we played a way too high line and counter attacking teams will expose us for it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So we are not entitled to criticize when we see the same defensive mistakes to last season?

I thought we played a way too high line and counter attacking teams will expose us for it.

If you want. But we aren't going to win every game so there will always be something to criticise with some of you. 

We did enough to win the game yesterday 

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Nobody expects us to win every game. I hate still false arguments like this made to make other people’s valid criticism seem unreasonable.

We could and probably should have won but that we would have needed to score three to do so was in part down to our defence and their ridiculous positioning. That was either down to coaching or the players ignoring Smith and doing their own thing. 

• Like 1

Â