Dean Smith

Demitri_C

55 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

smith talking about plans for whatever happens kicking in tomorrow. 

I think those hoping he is sacked are in for a disappointing time. 

I'm not hoping he is sacked for the sake of it. Depends who is getable.

If the alternatives are the likes of Hughton then I have no issues sticking with Smith.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have wanted a Dean replacement for around the last 20 matches. But I also remember Fergie was a game away from the sack at UTD and look how that turned out. If Dean finds his nasty side and uses it more often and uses subs when they are needed, then maybe. But I still feel if we can afford better we should get better,  its the same as buying a striker who can score and dropping one that cant .  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Dream Team continues whatever happens. Great.

4 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I have wanted a Dean replacement for around the last 20 matches. But I also remember Fergie was a game away from the sack at UTD and look how that turned out. If Dean finds his nasty side and uses it more often and uses subs when they are needed, then maybe. But I still feel if we can afford better we should get better,  its the same as buying a striker who can score and dropping one that cant .  

Yup Fergies first season at utd could of gone either way right?? Then Utd decide to keep him and look at what he went on to do which was dominate football for seasons to come. 

I think a part of the struggle for a new Coach or manager in a league is getting to know your opposition. Smith has to have knowledge come his way to get used to the way teams play in a league and I spose watching tapes helps but the real experience will be watching and taking in the knowledge when you out there on the field with your players. It maybe worth trying to see what comes of Smith, we may of lost alot of games this season or been held to a fair load of draws, we did however get to a cup final, get promoted and so far just about survived, hopefully he can add that to himself today.

Alot of our games have been through us slipping the lead, always so close that a win in an awful lot of games was nearly there, if he can make that better then were on the right track. Our defensive record has been much better since restart to, so while Dmith is learning we all knew that our players needed time to get used to the league,its teams and the players in those teams. So much to look at really that it's never this season been as simple as saying well its just Smith and that hes not for us because hes not made out for the premier. 

As much as I and others think he needs to toughen up abit more,I do hope he pulls of the great escape today, because where we were before corona came to play in the world, we were really looking doomed. Somehow a miracle has happened at restart, almost unexplainable especially if we survive today. 

It's time to secure your future Smith and alot of the players.

45 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yup Fergies first season at utd could of gone either way right?? Then Utd decide to keep him and look at what he went on to do which was dominate football for seasons to come. 

Big difference.

Ferguson arrived with a big reputation.

Broke the Celtic and Rangers dominance with Aberdeen and beat Real Madrid in an European cup final...with Aberdeen.

People talk about his success at Man Utd but what he achieved with Aberdeen was extraordinary.

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Do you really think they would tell him before hand 🤣

For what it’s worth if we survive and he gets another chance then fair enough - I wish him well this afternoon 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Do you really think they would tell him before hand 🤣

For what it’s worth if we survive and he gets another chance then fair enough - I wish him well this afternoon 

I don't think he'd be talking this way if it was completely up in the air. 

I think he probably knows his job is safe. 

I do think he’ll stay regardless given our improvement post-lockdown. Don’t even wanna think about going down though, just complete the resurgence and get us safe and the detractors will be few and far between.

22.5 minutes to go in the season, with our future hanging in the balance, and it was just **** silent, with people staring at their feet. His man management is pathetic. 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Thanks Dean but it was down to teams around us in the end. Time to learn your trade else where.

No it wasn’t...? How did you get to that? 

• Like 3

Â