Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Genie said:

What next for Jack, Smith replied he expects to get drunk with him tonight 

Love it. Get him pissed up and signed to a new contract tonight. He ain't going anywhere.

• Like 2

Credit where it’s due, did what he needed to albeit gave me a coronary in the process.

25 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't believe the support for Dean Smith after the diabolical season we have just had. Kept up by the skin of our teeth. We finished on 35 points, under achievement a understatement.

We were 15th in the Championship when he took over last season. (Last season!)

You are having an absolute laugh here...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

We were 15th in the Championship when he took over last season. (Last season!)

You are having an absolute laugh here...

To be fair no matter what people personal opinions are.

I find it baffling that they feel now is the time to be expressing them?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, penguin said:

Great answer to the Grealish question 🤣

Yeah but did you hear the Pundits afterwards, all for Grealish leaving Villa wasnt they, I was like Bollox just shut up hes staying at Villa take your mics off.

However you they look at it we can now put some quality players around Jack that can allow him to do what he does best.

A complete new set of Wingers to go with Jack is what we need, along with a few more ace midfielders and a couple more strikers who can hit back of the net, sell Samatta. Keep Luiz for sure if we can. There should be some going out and much coming in, as Smith said they wanted to create a team that could challange last season but couldnt due to us needing lots of players.

I am just over the moon.

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, Dave-R said:

Yeah but did you hear the Pundits afterwards, all for Grealish leaving Villa wasnt they

Garth Crooks is one lazy mofo - he was like 'yeah but why would he go through this again' to Dion - the fecker doesn't realise how significant staying up is - the spending power of our ambitious owners will be last summer's window on steroids. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah but did you hear the Pundits afterwards, all for Grealish leaving Villa wasnt they, I was like Bollox just shut up hes staying at Villa take your mics off.

However you they look at it we can now put some quality players around Jack that can allow him to do what he does best.

A complete new set of Wingers to go with Jack is what we need, along with a few more ace midfielders and a couple more strikers who can hit back of the net, sell Samatta. Keep Luiz for sure if we can.

I am just over the moon.

Definitely. We are in a great position to keep him: Show him our vision and potential transfers, and the fact he's central to it all. And don't forget captaining his boyhood side, it's what dreams are made of. 

Weve been shit for so long it would be mad to leave when we look like we're turning the corner.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Garth Crooks is one lazy mofo - he was like 'yeah but why would he go through this again' to Dion - the fecker doesn't realise how significant staying up is - the spending power of our ambitious owners will be last summer's window on steroids. 

I like your choice of words for him.

Yeah they all going on about how Jack can have all the quality players around him at utd, we can do that ourselves now we have survived.

They sounded like a bunch of Man u monkeys trying to promote a Grealish move to there.

Grealish surely has Ambition but his ambition surely can be at villa so long as better players are put next to him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, penguin said:

Definitely. We are in a great position to keep him: Show him our vision and potential transfers, and the fact he's central to it all. And don't forget captaining his boyhood side, it's what dreams are made of. 

Weve been shit for so long it would be made to leave when we look like we're turning the corner.

Yes I think the same, why would you leave a progressive club, come a couple of seasons Who knows with the right players next to Grealish and Smith Coaching hopefully better as he learns teams better and there players could see us gain entry to europe.

It should be worth Jack sticking abit longer now.

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't believe the support for Dean Smith after the diabolical season we have just had. Kept up by the skin of our teeth. We finished on 35 points, under achievement a understatement.

Guaranteed 99.9% of us on here would have taken 17th place in a heartbeat at the start of the season.  Finishing 17th and throw in a cup final to boot I'd class that as a successful season. We forget we needed a full squad to get us over the line and they did it. Yes we were poor but still got the job done. Now we can spend on some quality instead of quantity.

• Like 2

Â