Dean Smith

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Maybe it’s skipped your attention but we are now in a different division , players and managers who may have been good enough in the championship are not at this level . 
smith has been appalling in this league and should have gone months ago 

Appalling? We are 3 points off meeting the target 

If Smith is sacked will any Prem league club hire him ..no 

As bad as we where yesterday the concept of being harder to beat is something we should of employed earlier in the season , not right at the end we are trying to change the system. I recall when we played Watford at home they scored and then spent rest of game time wasting that's what we did yesterday , every throw in we took an age at and players looked like they didnt want the ball which ended up with Konsa getting a booking for time wasting ! 

From what  I could see we had the front 3 running after shadows up top as Chelsea played round them , who then spread the ball out wide to players constantly with no one near them to get cross's in.Those front three after running round up top then chased back to cover the wings.No only will the loss hurt but I think we will have worn out the players for the next game.Hourihane had a decent game against Shef U but to play him with the tactics yesterday was bewildering , he is simply not the type of player you can play to chase the ball around like that and his made contribution to the team is as a forward thinking player ..you can argue he might be better on ball than Nakamba but Nakamba is a better player when you need someone to chase and make tackles.

I also don't understand the like for like subs ...the first sub Samatta for Davis does Smith think fresh legs up top are going to make much differance when we can't keep hold of the ball for 10 seconds anywhere on the pitch ? If you are chasing game why not keep AEG on with Trez and drop Jack deeper , ffs he is already tracking back so he might has well play CM at least he can get on ball and attract players to him leaving space on the wings for balls to be played in.Why not 2 strikers Davis and Samatta are willing runners they can run the channels to make up for taking off a winger ..Why not as you have 3 cbs on go 3 at the back stick emlo on and go with him and Targett as WB's

This isn't just an issue yesterday I recall v Bournmouth down to 10 we kept 3 cbs on when they have one striker , we are trying to get a goal with 3 cbs looking after one player .

If any of these Kids inc Louie Barry are any good we need them on Bench , pointless having Baston there if we are playing one up front and they can't be anymore LW than Jota.

Smith put all eggs in basket to beat Newcastle now , we can only hope now they are safe they are not at races and they are looking at the FA cup game , but I'm sure will want to get one over us to prove a point and in Saint-Maximum they have someone with Pace we lack immensely 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

We’ve won one game since New Year’s Day - taken 2 points from 45 against the top 10 - yes appalling !

We're a newly promoted team, that needed a club record winning streak to finish 5th in the championship last year. 

I think your expectations are massively too high if this is appalling. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Appalling? We are 3 points off meeting the target 

I think we are all a bit exited , but the facts are we do  not look like getting anything ! Your  right we are only 3 points from improving our position . We have 8 games left   and are averaging less than a point a game, with some tough games to come. Things could change its football after all  but the stats and evidence so far is were in big trouble. DS has stuck with a plan - philosophy  we will all not agree on because of our position .

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We're a newly promoted team, that needed a club record winning streak to finish 5th in the championship last year. 

I think your expectations are massively too high if this is appalling. 

So it’s ok for wolves to get into Europe in season one ; it’s ok for Sheffield Utd to be in the top 6 but we are little Aston Villa who should know their place and be happy to target 17th ? 

I saw purslow at the start of the season and believe me he was not targeting 17th place this season as success .

one win since New Year’s Day is appalling - do you think it’s good enough ?

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

So it’s ok for wolves to get into Europe in season one ; it’s ok for Sheffield Utd to be in the top 6 but we are little Aston Villa who should know their place and be happy to target 17th ? 

I know. Absolute cheek of fans to have a modicum of ambition, right ? Disgusting behaviour from us.

• Like 1

we probably need 4 wins from the last 8 to have a good chance of staying up  , we've won 7 all season

We are conceding pretty much an average of 2 goals a game  .. so on average we will need to score 3 goals per game to win ( we are managing 1.16 per game)

it's never gonna happen  , only thing I'm looking at now is can we stay above Norwich

3 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

I think we are all a bit exited , but the facts are we do  not look like getting anything ! Your  right we are only 3 points from improving our position . We have 8 games left   and are averaging less than a point a game, with some tough games to come. Things could change its football after all  but the stats and evidence so far is were in big trouble. DS has stuck with a plan - philosophy  we will all not agree on because of our position .

I agree. I don't think Smith is doing a great job, I'm not defending him because I think he has been brilliant this year. 

This is what I expected. A relegation fight right till the end. 17th was our league title this season. Its been uglier than I thought it would and there have been some lows, but overall my mindset all year has been we are a newly promoted team fighting to stay in this league. 

I think claiming this season is a disaster and its all appalling is just so over the top. 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

You're leading the game and limiting their chances, despite heavily struggling with possession. 

If you change it up to 5 at the back, as  someone suggested, how does that help us with possession further up the pitch? It works against that by taking a player away from up there, pushes us deeper and invites more pressure. It also removes an attacking outlet, so if we concede we've even less chance of getting back into it. 

There's a reason you don't sit on a one goal lead and go ultra defensive for 45 minutes, especially when your defence isn't a strong point. 

There was enough players around Giroud, it wasn't like it was an open goal.....in fact he was swamped by our players.

we just ball watched and true to form..........just ALLOWED him to do his thing.

This team of ours has a deep rooted flaw of passiveness.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I agree. I don't think Smith is doing a great job, I'm not defending him because I think he has been brilliant this year. 

This is what I expected. A relegation fight right till the end. 17th was our league title this season. Its been uglier than I thought it would and there have been some lows, but overall my mindset all year has been we are a newly promoted team fighting to stay in this league. 

I think claiming this season is a disaster and its all appalling is just so over the top. 

17th was not our league title this season at all - I know that purslow was looking  mid table And not being in a relegation battle at all .

Maybe if dean smith thought 17th would be a success it says a lot about him and our current predicament 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The awkward moment when we've actually been much WORSE since Wesley "can't even control a ball" Moraes has been out.

Apparently he was the one handicapping the team? Defense starts from attack etc... lol

Again, we could have Christiano Ronaldo up top amongst the shower and he wouldn't get a sniff.

Out setup, shape, and team selection is consistently dire.

It's just all wrong.

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I saw purslow at the start of the season and believe me he was not targeting 17th place this season as success .

one win since New Year’s Day is appalling - do you think it’s good enough ?

How can you possibly compare us to wolves? Again you need to get your expectations in check because comparing us to wolves is ridiculous. 

Sheffield united are an exception, not the rule. They've done incredibly well. Its all well and good to aspire to achieve that but its not realistic.

And if purslow was aiming higher then he should have done a better job at recruiting then. 

Is it good enough? No, if we go down then we've failed as a club. But we are around where I thought we'd be all season and nothing has changed. 

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

It is this exact mentality why Dean Smith has to go. Bruce made this mentality acceptable. Little old villa and now Deano has too. 

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It is this exact mentality why Dean Smith has to go. Bruce made this mentality acceptable. Little old villa and now Deano has too. 

Yes all Dean Smiths fault that usually newly promoted teams aim to survive that first year. What a fool. 

Smith isn't even the manager we appointed anymore.

We were supposed to get a guy who played an open brand of football.

He has slowly turned into Lambert. 20 % possession yesterday. Absolutely appalling stuff

• Like 1

Â