Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Deanos gotta get them promotion or he is going to struggle to get a high profile job again

Hard to know if he will want another job. He would have made his money now, could be time to retire

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

b9ltlb6zjbw91.png

If I speak I'm in big trouble.

Interesting about the corners. I wonder how their throw ins are? :)

Anyway I wish Deano all the best. He is only 51. His management skills and career still have plenty of room to grow. I want him to do well. 

On 26/10/2022 at 10:11, tomav84 said:

it was always a weird move for him. i think he just wanted to prove that he was still a PL manager when he got offered the norwich job

i'd have liked to see him go for another project

Southampton would be a good fit for him with all their young players but that's the thing, you wait for that type of job and it hasn't come up in the year since he's left us.

Perhaps Brighton may have looked at him aswell but again that job only came up last month.

Norwich made sense given at worst he'd be competiting at top end of championship which is happening and they usually give managers time to build things again.

West Brom would also have seriously considered appointing him I'm sure (and Stoke) but again not much different to Norwich apart form a longer commute.

14 hours ago, useless said:

I think I've just worked out an amazing fact, Dean Smith is the only former Aston Villa manager currently in work as a manager.

I mean some of them are dead, but still quite a fact. 

• Haha 2

Agreed - as has been the case for a lot of English managers - they just sadly lack the tactical nuance a lot of the foreign managers seem to have to bring them to the next level.

Deano tried a few different things, but the minuteau of adjustments that Unai put on display against United is not something Dean could've done with his time with us.

But I hope Deano can bring Norwich back up, or at the very least, we keep loaning our youngsters for him to develop as a lot of players came to rise under him.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Agreed - as has been the case for a lot of English managers - they just sadly lack the tactical nuance a lot of the foreign managers seem to have to bring them to the next level.

Deano tried a few different things, but the minuteau of adjustments that Unai put on display against United is not something Dean could've done with his time with us.

But I hope Deano can bring Norwich back up, or at the very least, we keep loaning our youngsters for him to develop as a lot of players came to rise under him.

My main gripe with Deano was his in game management. If his plan A didn't work he struggled to change a game.

Overall a fantastic manager for us though.

Listen.

He isn't an automatic promotion type of manager.

He is a streaky manager we all know this. But he can  still easily take them up through the play offs.

Does it really matter how you get promoted as long as you get promoted?

Â