Dean Smith

Demitri_C

23 hours ago, jim said:

Won 2 in 10 and the football is shite according to Norwich fans. 

I just look at What Kompany has done at Burnley in such a short space of time and then what Smith is doing at Norwich. He did well to get us promotion but hes no top class manager. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Same people desperate to knock his achievements. 

Yes it was all Grealish and Frank at Brentford. 

A minority will have that viewpoint.

Think it's more many believing the job he did here meant half the premier league would be in for him as soon as he left us e.g. why did he take the Norwich job etc.

It didn't happen for Chris Wilder and not going to happen for DS.

People will probably query Potter rocking up at Chelsea (which with every week is looking more and more a bad fit) but he completely changed Brighton's style and had a reasonably solid body of work to present. And they started this season in similar vein to us in 20/21.

If England job becomes available after world cup I genuinely wonder where he'd be in contention for that? Probably gets ruled out simply being a championship manager but would someone like Dyche really be ahead in the pecking order given his style.

FA will probably just stick with Southgate regardless and cross their fingers Eddie Howe becomes available at some point in next two years. Or Potter.

Edited by VillaChris

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

A minority will have that viewpoint.

Think it's more many believing the job he did here meant half the premier league would be in for him as soon as he left us e.g. why did he take the Norwich job etc.

It didn't happen for Chris Wilder and not going to happen for DS.

People will probably query Potter rocking up at Chelsea (which with every week is looking more and more a bad fit) but he completely changed Brighton's style and had a reasonably solid body of work to present. And they started this season in similar vein to us in 20/21.

If England job becomes available after world cup I genuinely wonder where he'd be in contention for that? Probably gets ruled out simply being a championship manager but would someone like Dyche really be ahead in the pecking order given his style.

FA will probably just stick with Southgate regardless and cross their fingers Eddie Howe becomes available at some point in next two years. Or Potter.

If he goes like Southgate to managing the under ,21s he'd have more of a chance of being considered for England 

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

I just look at What Kompany has done at Burnley in such a short space of time and then what Smith is doing at Norwich. He did well to get us promotion but hes no top class manager. 

either is Kompany as he was poor at Anderlecht the biggest team in Belgium

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Same people desperate to knock his achievements. 

Yes it was all Grealish and Frank at Brentford. 

its embarrassing but some that knock his achievements here think Gerrard was a superior upgrade so need to save face by living in denial

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A ‘world class’ player in the championship that got 6 goals and 7 assists in 3000 minutes of football that ‘single-handedly’ dragged us up into the premier league.

A true world class attacking midfielder would have got 3 times that goal contribution tally in the championship.

Have a word with yourselves.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Currently singing "Dean Smith, your football is sh*t".

Not looking like he's got long there.

Ungrateful words removed at a no-mark bumpkin club. 

• Like 2

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Why are they ungrateful? I’m sure we’d be the same with other managers. 

Not exactly bottom of the table are they. 

Disclaimer : hadn't seen today's score.

Deano out! 

• Haha 1

I think Smith would be more popular at Norwich if he wasn't working with Shakespeare. It's a shame the direction his career's gone, but I think he'll be getting sacked soon, and then will have to go to a smaller club and start all over.

Shame as I love the man, but he's stubbornly trying to repeat the same act that got him sacked by Villa, when we know there's a better coach there who can play more expansive football.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

He is just way too inconsistent to ever finish in the automatic promotion places 

Very confident he would have with us if he'd ever got a full championship season.

It's the end of him at Norwich. Told the fans to do one on his way out.

Who do Norwich get instead of him? Dyche? Wilder?

I understand why he took the job (self confidence/ fear he'd never get another prem job), but it was really ill advised. He needed a break and they were always getting relegated. After that he's never had the fans on side- he should walk before being pushed.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Very confident he would have with us if he'd ever got a full championship season.

It's the end of him at Norwich. Told the fans to do one on his way out.

Who do Norwich get instead of him? Dyche? Wilder?

The should have never sacked Farke

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â