Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

While 6 wins in a row is good going in anyone’s book, Norwich do have previous of going on these runs. They’ve done 8 and 9 game winning runs in their previous championship seasons.

But they’re in good shape at the moment, after a slightly stuttering start I suspect their fans would be pleased with second place going into the international break.

Not at all mate, have a read of the pink un, they hate old bacon face and his Villa prodigy AJ who they also dislike for some reason. 

15 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Not at all mate, have a read of the pink un, they hate old bacon face and his Villa prodigy AJ who they also dislike for some reason. 

Fair enough, I do have the sense they haven’t really taken to him. I’m looking at it more from the perspective of despite a slightly sluggish start, they’ve found themselves one win away from being top. As opposed to whether they are happy with Smith himself.

I don’t watch them, so can’t comment on how he’s got them playing. But I have the feeling part of the problem is him replacing what I assume was a popular manager (despite relegations), perhaps they don’t consider him an exciting presence and just Norwich as a club perpetually in limbo between the two leagues kinda sapping things.

A mentality of “Yeah, great we won and we’re back on our way up…to be beaten every week once again.” I can imagine it would sap a bit of enthusiasm.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

6 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Fair enough, I do have the sense they haven’t really taken to him. I’m looking at it more from the perspective of despite a slightly sluggish start, they’ve found themselves one win away from being top. As opposed to whether they are happy with Smith himself.

I don’t watch them, so can’t comment on how he’s got them playing. But I have the feeling part of the problem is him replacing what I assume was a popular manager (despite relegations), perhaps they don’t consider him an exciting presence and just Norwich as a club perpetually in limbo between the two leagues kinda sapping things.

A mentality of “Yeah, great we won and we’re back on our way up…to be beaten every week once again.” I can imagine it would sap a bit of enthusiasm.

I don’t think they were overly keen on him applauding us at VP the day we relegated them. Poor bloke Rock and hard Place

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Lost the last 3 now. 

Love the man but hell. The most streaky manager I've ever seen. 

It sums him up. Very hot and cold

He should be walking this league with the team he has. Hell even the bloody blosers are looking decent lately hence how shite the championship  is *yuck*

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It sums him up. Very hot and cold

He should be walking this league with the team he has. Hell even the bloody blosers are looking decent lately hence how shite the championship  is *yuck*

The natives are extremely restless. You’d be forgiven for thinking you were in the Gerrard thread if you poke your nose on their forum.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You can't be 7th in the league with Norwich, I don't think he's got long left. The fans don't like him, and the results are poor.

yeah, they really didnt like him to start with for some reason, the recent-ish run of wins probably saved him a bit, but no wins in 6 now, im not sure how committed the Norwich hierarchy are to him, but doesnt look good, as you say, and i agree, you cant be 7th in the Champ with that Norwich team, its too good on paper for that.

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You can't be 7th in the league with Norwich, I don't think he's got long left. The fans don't like him, and the results are poor.

Norwich fans have a bizarre dislike to Villa as if we are some rival, I remember the anger when we took Lambert{they should have thanked us} and then last summer they were saying Buendia should have went anywhere else

I dont think they like Smith or Ramsey by the sound of it and think its connected, even when won about 5 in a row they were moaning

• Like 1

Â