Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Have the backroom staff gone too 

You’ll hope the new manager will get rid of the lot of them, as since we o’Kelly and Terry left and got these lot in the football has been shambolic

He’s been absolutely **** from all angles, club needed to make a call and I’m not mad at them but he’s a victim of circumstance here.

Not sure we’ll ever know whose decision the new coaches were, but I hope Shakespeare, Danks and probably McPhee go because we don’t need continuity here.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Have the backroom staff gone too 

There’s no mention of it, yet the Norwich statement said Farke and all of his staff had gone. I’d like to think they are as I suspect they were the bigger issue than Dean. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jim said:

But the correct decision for the football club.

We will see!

If the next appointment is one of the names I’ve seen touted on this message board then it won’t be the correct decision imo but if a next level manager then yes it will be.  

Over to Purslow and the owners now to take us to the next level, if they don’t then imo there was no need for the change.  I’m struggling to get excited by any of the names out there but I’ll hold judgment until we know more…

A very Sad day, but it was inevitable after 5 defeats on the bounce. I liked Deano but he seems to have taken us as far as he could. The team conceded goals in the opening ten minutes in the last three games, after throwing away a 2-0 lead in the final ten minutes. We made life hard on ourselves the last five games. I am never happy to see our manager get sacked as it means we are failing. I hope we have someone decent lined up to come in quick.

If we are still manager-less for the Brighton game then doubts over the ownership team will rise in my mind. It is time to show us they mean business with a strong appointment. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I'm not crying, you're crying...

Genuinely brought tears to my eyes. Some beautiful memories in there. 4 minutes and 40 seconds of reminders of how this man rekindled my love for the club. Why'd it have to end like this. Feel like my dog's died. 

• Like 3

You can't be bad at a job for a whole year and expect to keep it.

I love the guy and wish him well, but this was sadly unavoidable. We have to make a change and we have to get it right.

• Like 3

Disappointed, gutted for him as I think he's a genuinely good guy

This season has been shit with consistency, sold Jack, can't get players fit, covid free, not pissing around in internationals and it just hasn't clicked 

Bottom 2 for distance covered, tackles and aerial duels... Players in horrific form like Targett, pretty much everyone dipped from last year... The argument will be who's fault is that and for me because I like deano I'm angry and the players, it's also very much a Villa problem, this isn't the first set of players we've had that aren't performing 

Brilliant what deano did post Bruce, some incredible games, Liverpool is arguably the greatest villa performance I've ever seen (we should have had more than 7...)

Not a clue where we go next 

• Like 3

Just now, a m ole said:

He’s been absolutely **** from all angles, club needed to make a call and I’m not mad at them but he’s a victim of circumstance here.

Not sure we’ll ever know whose decision the new coaches were, but I hope Shakespeare, Danks and probably McPhee go because we don’t need continuity here.

Rubbish. You can’t have it both ways. If that’s the case Dean was a beneficiary of circumstance when Grealish returned and we went on a 10 game winning run that got us play offs. Nobody has been wronged. Nobody has been **** over. It’s a results business and it wasn’t good enough. I’ve zero personal feeling towards him. Thanks for all he did, i wish him well and we move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Same here...  because if Jack doesn't leave...  Dean is almost certainly still here.  I respect that he wanted to pay his respect to Dean for everything he helped him achieve and get him to where he is now...  but it still hurts

• Like 1

Â