Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I found it a bit odd of him to praise our 2nd half performance against Bournemouth but didn't mention we played against 10 men.

Context is everything. Yeah we got a goal back and had more of the ball, but they were a man down and i can't remember their keeper having too many saves to make.

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

While I agree with your first point, TAA isn't a great one-on-one defender at all, and Walker has many lapses in concentration.

That was entirely my point. They don’t need to be good at that because the team wins the ball so high up the pitch. 

it’s far more valuable to have fullbacks that are good going forward and keep the ball high up the pitch, than those that can’t do any of that but are good defensively 

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I found it a bit odd of him to praise our 2nd half performance against Bournemouth but didn't mention we played against 10 men.

Context is everything. Yeah we got a goal back and had more of the ball, but they were a man down and i can't remember their keeper having too many saves to make.

He quite clearly did say it was because they had 10 men.

Just now, villalad21 said:

I really can't stand this style of play.

There has to be a middle ground.

I have a heart attack every time the opponent got the ball.

Bombing everyone forward. Playing at huge risk when we're in a relegation battle is f*** madness.

Amazing how quickly you post in here after we lose and how long it takes you after we win.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bombing everyone forward. Playing at huge risk when we're in a relegation battle is f*** madness.

We don't really bomb everyone forward.  You're very, very happy when we lose.  That's **** madness.

Good performance. Defence a shambles. Promising game until 93rd minute. It was coming though. Midfield and defence was tiring. Samatta looked fine to continue - not shattered if tiring - and Dean risked it by bringing Borja on to go for the winner Rather than try and use a sub to shore up the midfield or defence. (Lack of options too though @Suso)

Didn't work. We knew Dean would always go for the winner. It's risky but we wanted a manager that does that after years of boring boring football and being shit.

Now we're just shit. But we are getting what we expected. I respect Dean for it and I won't demonise him for going for the winner. On paper we should have a great Defensive coach. Terry isn't pulling his weight and needs to step up. Quickly.

Poor game management but we were promising again. McGinn to come back in 4 weeks and a cup final only a couple weeks away. 

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

As big Sam said on TS, first thing you need to do when at the bottom is keep clean sheets and build from there 

Considering our manager and assistant were both CB’s you have to wonder why it’s this bad

The best form of defence is attack if you are Barcelona or Real Madrid etc, when your 4th from bottom of the league it really isn’t 

I haven't thought we'd get relegated once this season really. I've thought we had a fair go and probably would beat it. 

After today I think we are gone, even if there's lots of football to be played. We just have a team of bottle job losers like Engels. Winners who stay up don't **** up this way.

We're gone. 

Next rebuild Smith. Better recruitment. 

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Good performance. Defence a shambles. Promising game until 93rd minute. It was coming though. Midfield and defence was tiring. Samatta looked fine to continue - not shattered if tiring - and Dean risked it by bringing Borja on to go for the winner Rather than try and use a sub to shore up the midfield or defence. (Lack of options too though @Suso)

Didn't work. We knew Dean would always go for the winner. It's risky but we wanted a manager that does that after years of boring boring football and being shit.

Now we're just shit. But we are getting what we expected. I respect Dean for it and I won't demonise him for going for the winner. On paper we should have a great Defensive coach. Terry isn't pulling his weight and needs to step up. Quickly.

Poor game management but we were promising again. McGinn to come back in 4 weeks and a cup final only a couple weeks away. 

That cup final could end up a cricket score

Worst part is that’s not even a joke

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why don't you just f**k off? That's the biggest question I've got right now. If I risk being banned, I'm soooo sorry but there's only so much a person can take of someone like you who just simply jumps on every single mistake someone makes, especially the manager. 

Maybe that's because I'm an assistant manager at work and get thrown to the lions every day. 

In your defence, today, I thought Smith made a few mistakes. First of all, why replace Nakamba with Drinkwater? To justify his wages? Surely that can be the only reason because the gulf between the two is like chalk and cheese. Secondly, why replace Samatta? He was a threat all game and an absolute brilliant signing but we subbed him for what? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Amazing how quickly you post in here after we lose and how long it takes you after we win.

No it isn't amazing, the bloke is on a mission. It's his life's work to be right about Dean Smith. Can't you see it's Dean Smith's fault Engels missed the ball. 

• Like 1

Â