Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Unlucky to lose. Really?

I can't recall Lloris having many saves to make. Not compared to Reina.

Reina were having an absolute worldie of a game and we still conceded 3. 

First half we were great. For some reason Grealish was allergic to shooting in the first half. Why he squared to Samatta was totally beyone me but thay should've been 2-0.

We were also unlucky Alderwield decided to turn into Harry Kane for 1-1, his first goal since May 2017. That deflated us.

I agree second half we didn't create much after 2-2 despite getting into good positions.

It never changes. You simply need to be clinical v the top sides as you know they're also likely to scramble a goal even if they're not dominating possession. We had two massive ones at 1-0.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

So he's doing what he's paid for then?!?!

I think you will find that most teams have competent individuals in front of the goalkeeper who attempt prevent the ball entering our net. We don't appear to have these individuals which account for our goalkeeper being voted MOM so many times.....

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

How about that Brentford guy?

He is Overachieving with them. And if i'm not mistaken Brentford got one of the best defensive records in the Championship.

Personally I would avoid any more deals incoming from Brentford. 

If you're serious about replacing DS with TF right now - that would be change for changes sake imo.

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

We've played well overall but stupid decisions/mistakes have cost us once again.

We going to blame Smith for our attackers not putting multiple chances away or our defenders not clearing simple balls? 

On a one off ..no.

Just now, Farlz said:

We've played well overall but stupid decisions/mistakes have cost us once again.

We going to blame Smith for our attackers not putting multiple chances away or our defenders not clearing simple balls? 

Sometimes you have to communicate things to prevent damage. We have a GK on 93rd minute. Who knows if DS or Terry shouted at them not to be so high up. You drop in as soon as the goal kick is taken then it dosen't matter if Engles misses as another player round the side can foul Son. Instead he's in on goal.

It was another amateur goal conceded which has been a running theme of the season.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, KHV said:

I’m not asking to try and play for a 0-0 I would like us to organise better without the ball 

Everyone is all over the shop, and out of position 

I would also like to see the get rid of it approach from the 18 yard line 

Just a couple of changes here and there

When we lose possession in the opponents half it’s literally 4 passes and Reina is being called into action!

Agreed with all of that - it’s a far cry from your initial post saying we need to get clean sheets.

We definitely need to just get rid at times. Part of the problem of being told to play the ball (I imagine) is that the approach gets too ingrained and you start doing it all the time. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Genuinely don’t understand people calling for the managers head.  Then again, our fan base is pretty pathetic at times. 

What were people expecting this season?!

I can only speak for myself but I was expecting a relatively tough season. I thought that the first half of the season in particular would be hard. I did however expect to see a team with a clear plan that fought hard, learnt from mistakes and showed signs of improvement. I am not seeing any of the above. That’s on the manager as far as I’m concerned.

We should have got points from the last two matches and ended up with nothing. That’s what will take us down. It has happened so many times.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Why doesn’t he try 4-1-4-1 against the top sides. At least it would give us a bit of shape. Stick with 3-4-3 system against the weaker sides

Problem we have is if we are on top in the game or at least doing well the system is a 3-4-3 but when we are under pressure we retreat to a 5 and we lack an outball as the remaining CM is out numbered.This is then compounded by the lack of pace in side to play on the counter if we are sitting team 

Today started the wrong team , Drinkkwater was awful made a sub to rectify this which helped them made 2 futher subs that made us worse !!

Comments from him after the game about the games with teams around us are the ones to compete in don't sit right with me either , can't just right off games against the so called top sides .1 point against the top 6 and averaging 2 goals conceded to them every game ...piss poor 

Dean, some free advice for you from a fan that's trying all he can to stick with you. 

Stop playing Drinkwater. He just is not up to it no matter what you say or do - he is a very weak link! 

Engels you are right on and should only play him when Mings is injured. 

Stop subbing Samatta. He was phenomenal today and, no matter how hard you think he may have worked, he was still in the game today and looked more dangerous than any other play that came on. 

Â