Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

As big Sam said on TS, first thing you need to do when at the bottom is keep clean sheets and build from there 

Considering our manager and assistant were both CB’s you have to wonder why it’s this bad

The best form of defence is attack if you are Barcelona or Real Madrid etc, when your 4th from bottom of the league it really isn’t 

With all respect to the tactical genius of Big Sam (amazing he's still out of work, eh?!) you're at the bottom for a reason.  It's because you lack quality and concede more than you score.  You need to change that. You don't try to build on that by chucking 6 defenders on a pitch and trying to grind out 0-0 draws.  You need to win games.

Everything today - and I mean everything - went well.  We outplayed Spurs IMO.  They looked dangerous on the counter attack (and they should do, they're a good side) but we controlled the game much better.  But for a 93rd minute brain fart, we'd have avoided defeat and got a decent point.

So, again, with all respect to the tactical genius of Big Sam - he's **** wrong.

(Also, two things that football would be better off without - Big Sam and TalkSport.  **** garbage x2).

Edited by bobzy

It's the whole shape of the team that makes us so open. We have a really high line and a midfield that struggles to press the ball.

I don't think Smith likes this 343, I don't think he knows where he stands with anything outside of 433 honestly. The midfield is totally overrun all the time. If we get rushed, which we hardly did today, we get battered and can't get on the ball.

It's hard to tell if he's good enough when he's been given the standard of player he has to make a premier league side.

He's going to have a hell of a job lifting the team after this. Very similar to arsenal game that. They had no interest in winning that and we handed it them.

Early missed chances just as bad as Engels error.

Just now, tinker said:

Loss is nothing to do with Smith, Engels had a mare after two of our players went for the same header . Devastating loss 

Stop making excuses for Smith, he carries the can for this debacle. We were awful except for Grealish and Reina. Playing Drinkwater just shows Smith does not know what is required in the Premiership.

Regards,

VLD.

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Why don't you just f**k off? That's the biggest question I've got right now. If I risk being banned, I'm soooo sorry but there's only so much a person can take of someone like you who just simply jumps on every single mistake someone makes, especially the manager. 

Maybe that's because I'm an assistant manager at work and get thrown to the lions every day. 

In your defence, today, I thought Smith made a few mistakes. First of all, why replace Nakamba with Drinkwater? To justify his wages? Surely that can be the only reason because the gulf between the two is like chalk and cheese. Secondly, why replace Samatta? He was a threat all game and an absolute brilliant signing but we subbed him for what? 

I couldn't care less what you think of me.

People have different opinions. Welcome to the internet.

1 minute ago, Graham t said:

Stop making excuses for Smith, he carries the can for this debacle. We were awful except for Grealish and Reina. Playing Drinkwater just shows Smith does not know what is required in the Premiership.

Regards,

VLD.

Bore off mate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Why post if it results in endless abuse? Can't be much fun for you? You must be dead set on proving a point?

He'll have had a right stonker on when Son was running in for the winner there. Been derailing threads for a long time.

9 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Regards,

VLD.

Good thing we don't play in the Premiership 😎

• Like 1

There is no way you can account for what happened in your tactical preparation for a match. 

Overall, we were in the game but Jesus are we so naive at times which is down purely to the age of the players in there.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He'll have had a right stonker on when Son was running in for the winner there. Been derailing threads for a long time.

Weirdly the bloke does actually seem to be a Villa fan, but he is also autism-level obsessed with Smith. It's not healthy. 

Edited by Lerner's Driver

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

With all respect to the tactical genius of Big Sam (amazing he's still out of work, eh?!) you're at the bottom for a reason.  It's because you lack quality and concede more than you score.  You need to change that. You don't try to build on that by chucking 6 defenders on a pitch and trying to grind out 0-0 draws.  You need to win games.

Everything today - and I mean everything - went well.  We outplayed Spurs IMO.  They looked dangerous on the counter attack (and they should do, they're a good side) but we controlled the game much better.  But for a 93rd minute brain fart, we'd have avoided defeat and got a decent point.

So, again, with all respect to the tactical genius of Big Sam - he's **** wrong.

(Also, two things that football would be better off without - Big Sam and TalkSport.  **** garbage x2).

We have conceded 98 shots on goal in 6 league games

If you don’t think that’s a massive problem your deluded

Had it not been for Reina today Spurs would have had 6 or 7

Were wide open every time the opposition comes forward

Spurs had 23 shots on goal, thats roughly an attempt every 4 mins, hardly what I would call going well. It’s actually quite amateurish, we look like we will concede goals at every given moment

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Regards,

VLD.

Stop blaming Smith when we lose a game that individual errors have cost us . You have become blinded by your obvious dislike for Smith. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

Stop blaming Smith when we lose a game that individual errors have cost us . You have become blinded by your obvious dislike for Smith. 

They had 23 shots.

Smith's system and playing style is a big part of the issue. You cannot ignore that.

We've got the worst defensive record in the league.

• Like 1

Â