Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

We're staying up. I saw enough from us today to see us safe with the inclusion of Mings and McGinn.

Whilst it's fact we will be better with those two, I dont think every opposition we have left will be as soft as spurs were at times today. We have to hope some better teams have an off day against us as what I saw today is an indication that we will continue to give away soft goals and continue to throw away golden chances to score.

The latter is not Dean's fault, but the former is looking like his remit. Would still stick with him for first season back down if it happens

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Would be a damning indictment if it was true. I think we’re much better now than we were at the start of the season. Recent form would support that.

Im not so sure .I dont see any difference home or away games from now to the start of the season . We have all season had halves of games where we have been very good , but we are never able to string together 2 halves  or 2 performances. We are very inconsistent and this has not changed. It was a massive rebuild we did in the summer that needs time unfortunately. We just lack a little more quality around the pitch. Were not good enough simple as. You cant keep messing around with systems and players at this time of the season but we are, and have been all season. 

Its still close and in our hands but we are in big trouble unless we can string together a good run of results and provide some consistency. I just dont see it 

5 minutes ago, AV82 said:

We're staying up. I saw enough from us today to see us safe with the inclusion of Mings and McGinn.

I thought I saw enough against Leicester, them we lost against a lack lustre Bournemouth side.

Consistency is killing us not quality.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

As we currently sit outside the relegation zone how has it "been clear for months" that we are going down?

Dear me..

Because we've been one of the worst three teams in the league?

When you've had as much bad luck as we have, you have to take your chances and yet again today we haven't.

Southampton is monstrous.

17 minutes ago, AV82 said:

The problem is (which I’ve said a few times) is that our performances are not matching the opposition.

todays effort against spurs against Bournemouth is three points.

against Southampton I am not sure we will put in the same performance today, it’s more likely the Bournemouth performance and as a result we lose 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

When you've had as much bad luck as we have, you have to take your chances and yet again today we haven't.

Southampton is monstrous.

It's not bad luck, we just consistently do the basics poorly which leads to many of our issues.

Luck has nothing to do with it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

And yet there are 3 teams below us. 

If only there were a few mitigating circumstances!

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

When you've had as much bad luck as we have, 

Oh hello, you can spot it aswell.

1 minute ago, av1 said:

What's your point? Will mitigating circumstances keep us up?

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Luck has nothing to do with it.

Really?

We lost our keeper.

Our best and most influential defender.

Our best and most influential midfielder (I consider Jack as an attacker)

And our only 2 strikers meaning that we played a number of weeks without one. 

Nope, luck has nothing to do with it. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Really?

We lost our keeper.

Every team has injuries mate. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

What's your point? Will mitigating circumstances keep us up?

My point is that certain numpties have claimed that it's been obvious for months we going down - and yet we are outside the bottom 3. 

Those same people have claimed that we are getting worse - The form table makes a mockery of that aswell. 

Luck has nothing to do with it - see above.

Predictably most of the nonsense is from the same posters who have been against Smith since his arrival. Strange that. 

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Every team has injuries mate. 

How many have had the whole spine of the team ripped out?

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

Really?

We lost our keeper.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. 

Every team has injuries, you need to be able to roll with them. We didn’t sign enough quality in the summer to be able to deal with our injuries.

We’re not in our position because of bad luck. We’re where we are because we simply haven’t been/aren’t good enough.

I know it’s a cliche, but the league table doesn’t lie. If we go down, it will be because our summer signings ultimately weren’t good enough. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, av1 said:

If only there was a system that awarded extra points for “mitigating circumstances”. (Which, obviously, no other team in the premier league has experienced this season.)

Edited by briny_ear

44 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Oh boohoo. If we win against Southampton you'll all be signing a different tune.

It's not like that old chap. Supporters are buy and large realistic with their teams aspirations but if they see players like Drinkwater and Wesley ( when fit) being selected they wonder if the manager is 'the full ticket'. Don't you? Or do you think Mr Smith has a 'master plan' that he is about to unleash?

Regards,

VLD.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

the league table doesn’t lie

I think it lies.

Burnley are 11th. Newcastle are 13th.

Points wise it's very tight. Teams are jumping 6 or 7 places in two weeks.

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

My point is that certain numpties have claimed that it's been obvious for months we going down - and yet we are outside the bottom 3. 

Those same people have claimed that we are getting worse - The form table makes a mockery of that aswell. 

Luck has nothing to do with it - see above.

Predictably most of the nonsense is from the same posters who have been against Smith since his arrival. Strange that. 

We're literally 1 point from 19th, it's no good saying we're currently outside the bottom 3 so we're OK.

We're going to need some luck to stay up. We've got absolutely eff all so far this season.

I haven't seen many on here who have been against Smith since he got here. Genuine posters I mean, not trolls.

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

If only there was a system that awarded extra points for “mitigating circumstances”. 

If only there was a system that determined the 3 worst teams so far this season. 

Â