Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don't think top 10 was the expectation. But I do think the owners expected more than being in the relegation zone for a significant part of the season.

I don't know what their expectations were, but the faith they showed in not firing Smith when it was looking very ominous tells me they were at least understanding of the unique situation we were in.

Anyway, it seems Suso's contract simply ran out, and after a run in with Purslow it probably is best to look elsewhere, lets hope we have someone in mind already, could be a busy window.

59 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So 6 clubs had not a single signing above £ 22 million. 5 clubs had 1 signing above £ 22 million.

So 55% of the clubs in the Premier League had either only financial means to buy ONE player above £ 22 million,or they didn't have it at all. Well I guess we can say 50% as Liverpool could obviously have done so if they needed to.

Subtract the clubs that have the hand in the honey pot that is European football, or add the clubs that are in financial woes, where £ 22 million signings aren't something they can do at free will - like West Ham.

It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that £ 22 million is a lot of money to the majority of the clubs in the Prem. So Hippo is correct. You are not. 

The train of reasoning cause someone has spent that money before, thus it's not big money to them, that's so flawed it's hard to know where to start. 

Info is taken from Transfermarkt, so if it's proven to be incorrect I might change my view on it. 

Once again, you just seem incapable of getting the context we were talking specifically about strikers, it isn't hard to understand or shouldn't be.

That is why the average cost of PL players is literally completely irrelevant to the point I was discussing with another poster before you inserted yourself in the conversation.

You've taken one window's transfers and from that drawn a conclusion that 55% of the PL clubs only had the financial means to buy one player above £22m or didn't have the means to do so at all. Now that is absolute drivel. Sorry but it is. You've no basis to draw that conclusion and I think its abundantly clear just about any PL club could spend that sum on a player if they so wished some simply don't choose to do so.

However what clubs spent in the summer window isn't relevant just like the average cost of a PL isn't relevant to the point I was responding to, which you still seem incapable or unwilling to grasp so I will repeat it.

Hippo wrote - "For the majority of clubs in the Prem £22m is big money for a striker" - As the list I posted demonstrated this is simply factually incorrect. Taking one window in isolation as you've done or talking about the average cost of players in the PL does not disprove the factual list of transfers I posted which show this statement to be incorrect. The reason I've used examples over a number of seasons is because clubs tend not to need to buy expensive strikers every season, or at least they don't unless they get it very wrong or very right and they have to replace. The players l listed were the most relevant to the point being discussed and far more relevant than what happened in one window.

Now I'm really really not interested in debating it with you any further.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Just like Smith had a tough job to get all these new signings to function as a team Jebus has a big ask to be able to bring in this many players in such a short time and for relatively "little" money (on average)

Yeah I think he got some signings wrong and that we overspent on some but let's be honest. He had a gargantuan job to do.

And it's not like we were an established club with a well known manager. We'd spent 3 seasons in the Championship, almost went bust and scraped up through the play off after having to sell our stadium.

I imagine we were not be most interesting destination for a lot of players. And it's not like as if we had a functioning well oiled scouting set up to help him out. Club has been shambles for a decade.

I'm glad we are looking to improve on him, if our owners are serious we can really build something here. And then we'll need better. But we got promoted and we did stay up.

Thank's and good luck.

This is my stance too. 

• Like 1

Expect more struggles if we do not start buying players that are first team players, it's about time we stopped buying players who cant even make the subs bench and for a whole ton of coin to.

Maybe give Smith more control over transfers. We have scouts, presumably. You know for sure all of the signings Wilder makes at Sheffield United are players he wants and that he's looked at a lot. And you can't knock them, they've got more right than wrong. Only downside for Smith with this though is if results don't go well going down that road, will fall solely back on him.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Maybe give Smith more control over transfers. We have scouts, presumably. You know for sure all of the signings Wilder makes at Sheffield United are players he wants and that he's looked at a lot. And you can't knock them, they've got more right than wrong. Only downside for Smith with this though is if results don't go well going down that road, will fall solely back on him.

Nah, Smith should be head coach. There is enough in that job to keep him busy and them some.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Nah, Smith should be head coach. There is enough in that job to keep him busy and them some.

At least then more of a connect in terms of the same kind of player Smith would go after, and the new guy would. Was a very strange dynamic, working relationship  between Smith Suso i felt from the outside looking in. I think Suso ( and it may well of been his remit )  was told to go after young players with potentially a good resale value in the future. I don't think how they played football was the primary driver in their recruitment. The guys Smith worked with at Brentford recruited making footballing philosophy decisions first and thought about resale later. Married together with s manager who plays good stuff also, it worked quite well for them. 

Â