Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

22 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

Whether Suso is to blame or is just the fall guy hopefully Purslow will now appoint someone who agrees with him and Smith on transfer policy.

You’re advocating a Purslow yes man??

• Haha 1

People shouldn’t give this credibility because it conforms to some views held toward Smith or Purslow. 

Nothing in that statement makes any real sense. There’s a reason Balague has only tweeted it in Spanish. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

People shouldn’t give this credibility because it conforms to some views held toward Smith or Purslow. 

Nothing in that statement makes any real sense. There’s a reason Balague has only tweeted it in Spanish. 

Why doesn't it make sense? What's the reputation of Purslow from Liverpool?

it shouldn't be given credibility because there are lot of examples to show that balague is an utter bullshit merchant

according to him Ancelotti is still in Rome shopping with his wife...

the man robs a living thanks to the increase in popularity of la liga and sky having no one else to play "expert", I take one look at this and see Suso, a man in football recruitment, and balague a man who likes to leak as much information as he can get his hands on despite seemingly not checking it first, doing a shit shining exercise that no doubt see some bones thrown over in the near future

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Balague is a known bullshitter. He hasnt a clue

Although I can see Purslow appointing a Gerrard based on his name. He just seems very enamored sometimes with "big" players.

That is a worry I have for the future.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Although I can see Purslow appointing a Gerrard based on his name. He just seems very enamored sometimes with "big" players.

That is a worry I have for the future.

Dont know, he didn't appoint Henry at the time 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

it shouldn't be given credibility because there are lot of examples to show that balague is an utter bullshit merchant

according to him Ancelotti is still in Rome shopping with his wife...

4 years in a row Torres was a United player guaranteed even up until a day before he joined Liverpool 

Yea im not 100% sold on Purslow either and he may turn out to be terrible but Balague gets so much wrong, a quick google or twitter search will show you all the things hes gotten wrong, he knows nothing about the Spanish league and he certainly doesnt know anything about Villa.

• Like 1

It’s weird Gabby has twice come out with negative tweets re Suso’s departure including “good riddance” and commenting on the lack of players ‘liking’ the post saying farewell to Suso on insta. Why would Gabby come to hate Suso so much? 

8 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Yea im not 100% sold on Purslow either and he may turn out to be terrible but Balague gets so much wrong, a quick google or twitter search will show you all the things hes gotten wrong, he knows nothing about the Spanish league and he certainly doesnt know anything about Villa.

Also the first time he’s tweeted anything about Suso at Villa. Suspicious. 

10 minutes ago, Spoony said:

It’s weird Gabby has twice come out with negative tweets re Suso’s departure including “good riddance” and commenting on the lack of players ‘liking’ the post saying farewell to Suso on insta. Why would Gabby come to hate Suso so much? 

Gabby still knows a lot of the players so it would surprise me if he knows a lot of stuff that goes on day to day.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Also the first time he’s tweeted anything about Suso at Villa. Suspicious. 

Exactly, hes gone to Balague and gave him his side and hes tweeted about it, nothing more.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Balague was acting like Suso was a genius at Valencia and Atletico on YouTube following his appointment here. Clearly, it’s in his interest to make his failures look like that of others. 

Well...wasn't he?

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

You’re advocating a Purslow yes man??

Well obviously not, I think you've got it a bit twisted there.

My point is that you can't effectively run football operations if the CEO, sporting director and head coach aren't all in agreement on the overall strategy. There are bound to be disagreements on individual players, tactics etc., but the issues between Suso and the club seem to have run deeper than that. 

As it happens I think Purslow comes across as a bit arrogant and doesn't tolerate much disagreement - the last thing he needs is a yes man appointment. Nonetheless, he should still appoint someone who generally agrees on the fundementals of the strategy, otherwise we will be in the same scenario again with the CEO and sporting director working against each other rather than with one another.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

Well obviously not, I think you've got it a bit twisted there.

My point is that you can't effectively run football operations if the CEO, sporting director and head coach aren't all in agreement on the overall strategy. There are bound to be disagreements on individual players, tactics etc., but the issues between Suso and the club seem to have run deeper than that. 

As it happens I think Purslow comes across as a bit arrogant and doesn't tolerate much disagreement - the last thing he needs is a yes man appointment. Nonetheless, he should still appoint someone who generally agrees on the fundementals of the strategy, otherwise we will be in the same scenario again with the CEO and sporting director working against each other rather than with one another.

I agree that there has to be harmony with in the higher echelons of the club. In fact throughout the entire club from Doris down 😀

I have to admit I have doubts about Purslow. Nothing specific, just a feeling that he’s a bit too attached to the limelight. However if that doesn’t get in the way of him doing his job well, then that’s fine. My concern is when the football men play second fiddle to the money men. Now I know that the money can’t be ignored, but we must put the right DOF in charge and he must work within whatever monetary restraints there are. However the driving force should always be the football team on the pitch. The quickest way to lose money is to get relegated, we have to primarily look to build a good team, then a better team and ultimately a great team. 

I’m not advocating short term thinking and spending £50m a pop on a load of 35 year olds, but a good team needs a bit of everything. If the driving force is to become a footballer production line to sell on, then that just doesn’t work for me. Yes grow the team and sell some on when we can develop better players, but ultimately we have to be a strong team on the pitch, then everything else will be a hell of a lot easier off it. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 3

Â