Jesus Garcia Pitarch

alreadyexists

Just now, villalad21 said:

Can we stop buying from the Belgian league now? Thanks. Their all so shit

Nope

There's some real talent there, anderlecht alone have 3 players that could be on Liverpool / city's radar 

There are good players in more or less every one of the top 10 leagues in Europe, we just got to get the right ones and early, there are about 5 players at Salzburg that would walk in to our team 

• Like 1

He made some good signings and some bad, it  was always going to be a tough season with so many new faces coming in at once. Wesley may have come good second half of the season were it not for his injury, same as Douglas Luiz came good once he settled into the squad and country a bit more. There were some duffers signed in January like Drinkwater, Borja etc. but I imagine that was an extremely difficult month with our poor form to attract any decent players.

I hope we have someone top notch already lined up, with good contacts to push us to the next level. The break between seasons is short this year so we need to move fast.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

I doubt he's a fall guy. He has had 3 transfer windows with the club, how many signings have really hit?

Kalinic was a waste of money in his first window and while desperate, the January window just gone did little to help. 

In the summer we had a big task but he's done a poor job finding quality or even physical attributes for this league.

Could part of this move be to help convince Jack to stay, acknowledge it wasn't good enough and plan to do a much better job now. 

Interesting this.

"It may seem strange that Suso García Pitarch leaves Aston Villa after ascending to the team two years earlier than planned, taking him to a cup final and guaranteeing his presence in the Premier League (i.e., sporting success is undeniable), but it is not gold all that glitters...

CEO Christian Purslow did not always willingly accept the owners' relationship with the sporting director. In case Dean Smith had to be replaced, he was asked for advice (Suso suggested Javi Gracia, Chris Hughton, Bruno Lage, Purslow wanted Steven Gerrard or John Terry)

Without the presence of the owners (they haven't seen the team for seven months), Purslow (who doesn't live in Birmingham) spans a lot of fields. So Drinkwater's signing was his and Dean Smith's (Suso was in London signing Nzonzi)

The owners asked Suso for a leap of quality on the roster and bench for the following season. Contacts were established with high-level trainers eager to get in the car. But the CEO felt on the sidelines and the relationship with Suso deteriorated

Smith and Suso have received media criticism because interested information is passed protecting Purslow. Difficult to work in these conditions. Suso has preferred not to continue despite having one more year of contract, and so he told the owners a while ago."

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I doubt he's a fall guy. He has had 3 transfer windows with the club, how many signings have really hit?

Kalinic was a waste of money in his first window and while desperate, the January window just gone did little to help. 

In the summer we had a big task but he's done a poor job finding quality or even physical attributes for this league.

Could part of this move be to help convince Jack to stay, acknowledge it wasn't good enough and plan to do a much better job now. 

I don't think having a new DOF will be the deal breaker for Jack. I think it will be who will be willing to match our valuation of the player, or us showing massive ambition in the transfers.

9 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Interesting this.

"It may seem strange that Suso García Pitarch leaves Aston Villa after ascending to the team two years earlier than planned, taking him to a cup final and guaranteeing his presence in the Premier League (i.e., sporting success is undeniable), but it is not gold all that glitters...

CEO Christian Purslow did not always willingly accept the owners' relationship with the sporting director. In case Dean Smith had to be replaced, he was asked for advice (Suso suggested Javi Gracia, Chris Hughton, Bruno Lage, Purslow wanted Steven Gerrard or John Terry)

Without the presence of the owners (they haven't seen the team for seven months), Purslow (who doesn't live in Birmingham) spans a lot of fields. So Drinkwater's signing was his and Dean Smith's (Suso was in London signing Nzonzi)

The owners asked Suso for a leap of quality on the roster and bench for the following season. Contacts were established with high-level trainers eager to get in the car. But the CEO felt on the sidelines and the relationship with Suso deteriorated

Smith and Suso have received media criticism because interested information is passed protecting Purslow. Difficult to work in these conditions. Suso has preferred not to continue despite having one more year of contract, and so he told the owners a while ago."

So why didn't we get Nzonzi?

25 minutes ago, Farlz said:
In case Dean Smith had to be replaced, he was asked for advice (Suso suggested Javi Gracia, Chris Hughton, Bruno Lage, Purslow wanted Steven Gerrard or John Terry)

I doubt it's true but that sentence is worrying

• Like 3

Can't ever remember Balague being correct on anything until others journalists have broken stories.

Who knows if he's right, but what he's describing there is Purslow being cut out, reporting direct to the owners, very NFL GM style. Easy to imagine why Purslow wouldn't want that.

Smith and Suso have received media criticism for passing on interesting information that protects Purslow. Difficult to work in these conditions. Suso has preferred not to continue despite having one more year of contract, and he told the owners a while ago.

Don't get that bit.

37 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Interesting this.

"It may seem strange that Suso García Pitarch leaves Aston Villa after promoting the team two years earlier than planned, taking them to a cup final and guaranteeing their presence in the Premier League (i.e., sporting success is undeniable), but not everything that glitters is gold...

CEO Christian Purslow did not always willingly accept the owners' relationship with the sporting director. In case Dean Smith were to be replaced, he was asked for advice (Suso suggested Javi Gracia, Chris Hughton, Bruno Lage, Purslow wanted Steven Gerrard or John Terry)

Without the presence of the owners (they haven't seen the team for seven months), Purslow (who doesn't live in Birmingham) [his job] covers a lot of ground. So Drinkwater's signing was his [Purslow's] and Dean Smith's (Suso was in London signing Nzonzi).

The owners asked Suso for better quality on the pitch and on the bench for the following season. Contacts were established with high-level coaches who were very keen to join. But the CEO felt on the sidelines and the relationship with Suso deteriorated.

Smith and Suso have received media criticism because information has been passed on that protects Purslow. Difficult to work in these conditions. Suso decided not to continue despite having one more year of contract, and he told this to the owners a while ago."

Clarified the broken Spanish for you as best as I could but Jesus Christ what is Balague on about? Information being passed on that protects Purslow? I can only assume this is the media blaming the big summer spend failing on Suso rather than Purslow, or the media criticising Suso for signings that weren't his (i.e. Drinkwater as mentioned).

I also don't quite understand why they were contacting coaches who were keen to join the club if he was asked for better quality on the pitch and the bench - I guess better quality on the bench could refer to coaches, but why would this make Purslow feel shunned? Perhaps Suso wanted to replace Terry with another coach but Purslow feels that Terry is his man, potentially in line for the manager role if DS is replaced. I'm just hypothesising, I don't have any knowledge just like everyone else.

I think the only thing we can take from this is that there are some structural issues at the club still, I find it quite worrying that while our sporting director is trying to sign one player our CEO and manager are trying to sign another. Obviously the transition to a sporting director strategy is not yet complete and will take more time to adapt to and learn who plays what role in the running of the club's football operations.

Whether Suso is to blame or is just the fall guy hopefully Purslow will now appoint someone who agrees with him and Smith on transfer policy.

Looks like he pissed off a few at the club few months ago! 

Aston Villa issue damning statement over Jesus Garcia Pitarch comments, Aston Villa have distanced themselves from comments made by Jesus Garcia Pitarch in a damning statement issued about the sporting director.

Pitarch - also known as Suso - conducted a rare interview with Spanish media this week about the potential impact the coronavirus could have on the Premier League.

In the interview, with newspaper Cope, he claimed there is a consensus among top-flight clubs that no sides will be relegated this season.

He said: “If the peak of the coronavirus is to occur in May, no one thinks of a competition in which players, coaches, health personnel of the club will continue to appear every day, there are clubs that do not see an option that the competition possibly resumes on June 30. 

Aston Villa have distanced themselves from comments made by Jesus Garcia Pitarch in a damning statement issued about the sporting director.

Pitarch - also known as Suso - conducted a rare interview with Spanish media this week about the potential impact the coronavirus could have on the Premier League.

In the interview, with newspaper Cope, he claimed there is a consensus among top-flight clubs that no sides will be relegated this season.

He said: “If the peak of the coronavirus is to occur in May, no one thinks of a competition in which players, coaches, health personnel of the club will continue to appear every day, there are clubs that do not see an option that the competition possibly resumes on June 30.  

And amid what is an unprecedented situation, Villa have released a short statement in response to Pitarch’s comments.

It said: “The views attributed to Mr Garcia Pitarch in the Spanish media are not those of Aston Villa. Now is not the time to be speculating about future arrangements for Premier League football this season."

Pitarch's position at Villa is thought to be at risk with Dean Smith's side in 19th place after a summer of heavy investment in the transfer market.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-news-suso-coronavirus-17935304 

drinkwater was a smith signing yet didn't make the bench post lockdown...

I don't think so

also the stuff about the owners not being over here is largely irrelevant and so is where purslow lives

sounds like balague protecting a mate as him leaving rather than being sacked means his reputation is some what intact 

Â