The NSWE Board

Guest av1

6 hours ago, hippo said:

They tried to build a premier ship team - largely with players who had never played in the premiership

Only McGinn comes to mind, seeing as we let Hutton go

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Owners sanctioning who the management want to buy.....how dare they! 😂

Re above about back up striker

Smith 4 year deal...this website was praising it at the time and at the start of the season we all wanted safety as our target and we are still  in contention for that.

Rumour or talking to all candidates or whatever, they still made the right choice at the end which is the main thing and we went from mid table team to promotion and then invested well over 120m in the summer

You just asked me why I am suspicious of the board getting the next move right. All the above are IMO are examples of poor judgement. YMMV

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Incredible how ALL the good things they have done.

Including saving our existence are negated because our fans are throwing a hissy fit.

Would you have more or less faith in the current board trying their best to fix this?

Or Keith Wyness and Tony Xia?

I haven't said they haven't done good things - my first post on the topic credited them with pumping money in.

I think now is a big test for them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Which we can still do. I dont see the issue. Do newly promoted playoff winners usually survive easily 

Of course we can - but as two fellow strugglers have just blown us out of the water - I think we are in dire straights - I think the answer and action needs to come from board level. Same players and coach and we are doomed. (For this season anyway) 

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Of course we can - but as two fellow strugglers have just blown us out of the water - I think we are in dire straights - I think the answer and action needs to come from board level. Same players and coach and we are doomed. (For this season anyway) 

who has blown us out of the water? Watford are a mid table team just players were assholes to managers and Southampton have a great manager with philosophy. 

• Thanks 1

The board have done fine so far but then getting back into the premier league was always the easier part imo.

Even when we were half broke we still had John Terry, Snodgrass and from last season's intake Tammy Abraham all practically walking to play for us, signings likes of Preston, Brentford and Cardiff could never make in a hundred years.

We had lots of quality at championship level in the final third and that's enough to be in mix for promotion.

Now the harder part is being creative and clever enough to attract good players in the premier league where the spotlight and pressure is so much stronger.

We have hit some turbulance now. Many want the manager out, many don't think many of the signings are good enough for right now and it's hard to disagree with both opinions. Interesting to see what the board do and to me the next six months-year will hopefully set them apart from Lerner and Xia.

We completely fell apart when the task was to replace O'Neill with another proven manager who wasn't years past his sell by date and together with the cost cutting beginning started our descent down the premier league. Then Xia was the typical kid in sweet shop owner.

These guys have a plan and strategy but sometimes for the short term they need to be adjusted and we're at that stage. Short term focus needed to stay up and then we can regroup and build again with that template in the summer.

Since 2015 Bournemouth, Brighton, Watford, Newcastle, Burnley, Wolves and Sheffield United have all been promoted and have or will stay up and establish themselves in the premier league so I don't buy it's some impossible task or we need to keep spending 100m + every transfer window to achieve that. We need to stop being obssessed with so many project players and sign some proven ones even if people turn their noses up at them.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Â