The NSWE Board

Guest av1

On 10/10/2019 at 19:14, sidcow said:

Basically instead of blowing it on hard liquor, hookers and coke, they are putting it into the bank for a rainy day. 

Saddos. 

I have to apologise - I was pished writing that. 

On 10/10/2019 at 12:26, Dave-R said:

Thats why i do not understand what Norwich and sheff utd have done one bit, they have bought cheaper than cheap and most of there signings arnt even what I or many of us would call prem standard. They should of brought in some top quality signings to go with there already working squads. Im not sure what they spent but was no where near what we did by looks of it. Think United spent 42 mill on 15 players and Norwich a ridiculous 3.75 mill on 16 or so players. I cant help think that in the long run that both sheffield united and Norwich will suffer greatly because they had the chance to find some real quality to add to there already working squads. It looks more like they did the very thing thing they should of avoided, even there homework on signings wasnt anything like ours, there scouting was rushed.

I am looking forward to January and it's not just to find out who will be joining our ranks but also to see if Norwich and United's transfer strategy remains the same. I will give it too our other two promoted clubs, they have balls if they stick by their methods of buying cheap. If both clubs survive the drop, they especially Norwich will of successfully survived a first season using low budget transfers which would be pretty remarkable but if they do drop not having spent a great deal then there fans will seriously be peed off, not to mention they will most likely be laughed at for being cheap skates.

Its a gamble either way.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about Jack's quality in this league, and looking at how we are playing this season well it reminds me a lot of Southampton when they broke through. They produced some wonderful players, bought smart, and were coached smart, but ended up selling regularly. I don't get the feeling that Wes or Nassef will sell anyone easily, and at the same time will invest in the squad. They are some of the wealthiest owners in the prem and will back their manager to the hilt. It's been hard to gauge where we are at since the season started, but it does appear we have every ingredient to storm this league over the next 2-3 seasons. 

• Like 2

Pepe has recently praised Villa on having such a " Good Environment"......some call from such an eminent coach and such a massive statement to a club trying to find their way back.....i am so proud.

That is such huge praise for us and the Board must take huge applause for making it happen.

In recruiting Dean Smith-Christian Purslow and Suso, they have showed Nous and a sense of togetherness.....I guess many more folk behind the scenes deserve praise too.

The crowd too are a monumental feature in this " Good Environment" that Pepe has indentified.....and can Honestly say I am so proud of what they have achieved so far.

There is much work to do and a long way to go.....but only a fool would fail to recognise that we are on the right track.

Take a bow Board......you deserve it.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Pepe has recently praised Villa on having such a " Good Environment"......some call from such an eminent coach and such a massive statement to a club trying to find their way back.....i am so proud.

Bah, he's just flashing his knickers at us trying to get the managers job here

• Haha 2

On the pitch things are great, obviously. We seem to be moving in the right direction in terms of scouting and development too, though the jury there is still out to some degree. I continue to be wary of finances and things like ground ownership, I wouldn't say they have my trust yet but they have done little to cause alarm either, so all good there for now.

Off it though things are as hopeless as ever. The kit's are not only shite quality, the customer service is a farce. Getting a pint and a pie at half time is still nigh on impossible. Our media output is still leagues behind other clubs and then there are little things like season ticket holders having to pay postage and packaging when being relocated for the Wolves cup game. People still haven't had their claret club membership cards. Oh and my clock is still **** broken. 

individually these might only seem like small things, but they add up to one massive shit show. That's before we mention the fact they haven't even tried to improve the match day experience for your ordinary fan. They've got that massive car park in front of The Holte, use it. Stick a few bars out there, a food court, give me a reason to arrive early and hang around after god damn it.

Just do... something. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, hippo said:

So we aren't rebuilding the north stand - and if you believe what you read - we aren't spending big in jan or the summer  - all seems a bit familiar doesn't it ?

We did £140m in the summer, it's only paper talk that we have little to spend in the summer, and why would we rebuild a stand when it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we get relegated this season. 

Slightly earlier to be having a moan. 

2 hours ago, av1 said:

We did £140m in the summer, it's only paper talk that we have little to spend in the summer, and why would we rebuild a stand when it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we get relegated this season. 

Slightly earlier to be having a moan. 

I know but people said that re Lerner and Xia - The both made noises about developing Villa Park. -  in both cases the announcement  that we weren't was swiftly followed by the transfer kitty drying up ........and the rest is history ...

4 hours ago, hippo said:

So we aren't rebuilding the north stand - and if you believe what you read - we aren't spending big in jan or the summer  - all seems a bit familiar doesn't it ?

Come on @hippo.  This isn't like you to be posting an unnecessary and negative post?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I know but people said that re Lerner and Xia - The both made noises about developing Villa Park. -  in both cases the announcement  that we weren't was swiftly followed by the transfer kitty drying up ........and the rest is history ...

Difference being these two have verifiable wealth not cloaked in secrecy like you get in China.

No Chinese state secrecy he wasn’t as rich as he claimed - simples. Moving back on topic it’s a non story designed to drive clicks and in term profit ... these guys are seasoned business men with a seasoned CEO who helped draw up the rules. No worries from me in regards to FFP . The stand can wait as we are a fickle bunch by nature and what’s the point in spending millions on a new stand which may not actually be required in a few seasons ? 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

The difference being that NSWE have never said they will develop VP.    In fact, Purslow has said that they won't be developing it (see redevelopment thread). 

No false promises from NSWE.

No theme park or biggest team in Europe in 5 years either 😁

• Like 1

Â