The NSWE Board

Guest av1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Back to back wins for Everton since the new manager started. Should tell you something. 

Be brave. 

Yes - but they hadn't just given Silva a 4 year contract.

and sacking Smith is only part of the problem - I am not confident who these guys would choose next -Im really not.

They didn't want Henry that was made up by the likes of Nixon and Neil Moxley, when they were reporting that we wanted Henry we were already interviewing Smith. That said if Smith was to go I don't think we'd be getting a glamourous name at this stage of the season, we wouldn't go for someone new to the league as we need results fast, and there's no way we'd be able to get Benitez. Would probably be someone like Allardyce, Moyes or possibly Hughton, and I hate say it they'd probably do a better job than the one that Smith is doing at the moment.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

They didn't want Henry that was made up by the likes of Nixon and Neil Moxley, when they were reporting that we wanted Henry we were already interviewing Smith. That said if Smith was to go I don't think we'd be getting a glamourous name at this stage of the season, we wouldn't go for someone new to the league as we need results fast, and there's no way we'd be able to get Benitez. Would probably be someone like Allardyce, Moyes or possibly Hughton, and I hate say it they'd probably do a better job than the one that Smith is doing at the moment.

Hughton would probably be the only one he might look at there. They've talked before about having a cohesive mentality right through all aspects of the squad and coaching staff. They're not going to bring in a manager who's completely at odds with that philosophy - Allardyce and Moyes would be exactly this. Both are spent forces...

Pearson would've been ideal....

There's no way we will get Benitez he's been given everything he wants at his current club including taking twenty members of staff with him he's not going to have moved all those people to a new country only to leave after a couple of months, he's recently stated he's there for the long and haul and is on a massive salary, he'd probably cost £20m plus just in compensation.

7 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Good point I think that is the case, Rafa in as he worked with him at Liverpool 

He worked with Suso as well from what I remember.  Tbh Rafa doesn't exactly seem like he is best mates with anyone, he's just that kind of character.  He's one of a few managers I think we could get that I think would be worth making the change right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

He worked with Suso as well from what I remember.  Tbh Rafa doesn't exactly seem like he is best mates with anyone, he's just that kind of character.  He's one of a few managers I think we could get that I think would be worth making the change right now.

you seriously think Rafa is feasible ? - stick a tenner on it mate - you would get very, very, long odds - as above you are looking at Hughton, Moyes, etc. 

Â