The NSWE Board

Guest av1

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The most important decision of their tenure, get this right and we could fly get it wrong and We could be back where we were when they took us over

Really you have to say appointing Dean Smith was probably the most important. Now they have to back that up to prove they can get it just as right once more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

The Gerrard debacle might mean they are more hands on. The back room clearout is evidence of this. Ruthless when they need to be. 

Hopefully they all left because that was what the club wanted rather than it being a mass walk out in solidarity with Slippy.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2022/october/21/update-from-the-board/

Aston Villa can confirm Gary McAllister, Neil Critchley, Tom Culshaw, Jordan Milsom and Scott Mason have all left the club following the departure of Head Coach Steven Gerrard. 

The Club would like to place on record its appreciation to them for their hard work and wish them well for the future. 

First-team coach Aaron Danks will take charge of the team for Sunday’s Premier League match against Brentford at Villa Park and will be supported by additional Bodymoor Heath technical and coaching staff. 

CEO Christian Purslow said: “The Board has come to this decision following a full evaluation of results and performances over the calendar year. We were clear when we appointed Steven that we set an objective of continuous improvement but that has not been achieved despite everybody’s best efforts and we believe the time is right to make these changes now.

“The process of appointing a new Head Coach is underway and we will update supporters as soon as possible.”

There it is.

24 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I'd be very impressed if they have a replacement lined up already. Would mean they're professional and cutthroat. None of that 'we're scheduling interviews' stuff.

Also time to waive their big ... money  around and get someone good. 

It would be nice if they have someone who is actually good more or less ready to go. That was one of the big red flags about Lerner's tenure, we always seemed to lurch from one crisis to another as we didn't have a plan in place for someone to pick up the reins. That, and he tended to just shop for managers in the bargain basement. We need to be smart and fast, as we are worryingly close to the drop zone and the season is already nearly a third of the way through. The players look lost and clueless last night, and we need a good manager to pick them up and get them playing again.

The First Team manager/coach is probably the most important role at a PL club. Do not scrimp and save on that role, as it will cost you millions more in the long run on wasted transfer fees and loss of income from finishing position in the table. What I am saying is it is time for NSWE to go big, and prove that they intend for us to be challenging in the upper echelons of the PL by getting us a proven top quality manager.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The Gerrard debacle might mean they are more hands on. The back room clearout is evidence of this. Ruthless when they need to be. 

I disagree. 

Ruthless would be to sack him 3 months ago. 

Actually they should have sacked him when Beale left because in reality it was more of a project Beale. 

Gerrard was pretty much just a cheerleader and it was obvious what was going to happen once Beale left. At least to me. 

45 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I disagree. 

Ruthless would be to sack him 3 months ago. 

Actually they should have sacked him when Beale left because in reality it was more of a project Beale. 

Gerrard was pretty much just a cheerleader and it was obvious what was going to happen once Beale left. At least to me. 

I disagree with this. Whether right or wrong, which is easy in hindsight, the board had to let Gerrard hang himself. It's okay saying they should have done it months ago but that would've been harsh. 11 games into the season isn't catastrophic and in reality, they timed it perfectly well, aligning with the fans completely turning against Gerrard. Now hopefully everyone is back on the same hymn sheet and the reset can begin.  

53 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

He needs to be given time to try and build a team by the owners and the fans together. 

The owners have done their bit now.

Sunday proved that this squad isn't that bad, given how tight the table is if Emery hits the ground running we should climb it fairly quickly.

Â