The NSWE Board

Guest av1

7 minutes ago, Risso said:

We’ll see what they’re made of in the next few weeks. I think they’ve massively lost interest as well, but if they appoint a top notch new manager and back him in the transfer market in January then I’ll change my mind.

We have far too many players who are absolute dogshit. Mings, McGinn, Bailey, Watkins and Ings. They can can all piss off tomorrow with Gerrard as far as I’m concerned, I’d rather play the kids.

I also fear the owners have lost interest. Their actions over the next few days will confirm one way or the other..

Nightmare run of games coming up. Get a new man in, so he’s got a few weeks to work on things before the World Cup break. I’ve got an inkling they’re not arsed though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Sawsris would’ve been in attendance tonight and seen first hand how atrocious we’ve become. They’ll act shortly and show us their ambitions. Confident we will all be happy again soon. 

This.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Risso said:

Nightmare run of games coming up. Get a new man in, so he’s got a few weeks to work on things before the World Cup break. I’ve got an inkling they’re not arsed though.

Anyone coming in will be on a hiding to nothing.

Were getting nobody good, Dyche will be the best we can get.

The board need to ask serious questions of Purslow and co.

How it's been allowed to get this bad is unbelievable.

Edited by AshVilla

1 minute ago, Strog said:

I also fear the owners have lost interest. Their actions over the next few days will confirm one way or the other..

Surely the recent progress on the ground redevelopment and the continued progress on the Las Vegas franchise aren't the actions of owners who have lost interest?  Our early purchases during the transfer window were also being praised not that long ago.  I said all summer that I thought we needed another starting midfielder and probably a striker - but Gerrard made the player than should have been making room for the new midfielder his captain and has given Watkins chance after chance - so it is possible that the "lack of funds" was more down to the additional recruits not being pushed as a high enough priority. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, allani said:

Surely the recent progress on the ground redevelopment and the continued progress on the Las Vegas franchise aren't the actions of owners who have lost interest?  Our early purchases during the transfer window were also being praised not that long ago.  I said all summer that I thought we needed another starting midfielder and probably a striker - but Gerrard made the player than should have been making room for the new midfielder his captain and has given Watkins chance after chance - so it is possible that the "lack of funds" was more down to the additional recruits not being pushed as a high enough priority. 

It's all cosmetic though. We expanded the ground in 2000-01 but there was no real ambition to push on and we just stagnated in prem until Ellis sold up. 

No good putting great store in the youth system if the manager dosen't want to play them.

The thing you must get right is on the pitch and we're failing miserably and worse not even attempting to do anything about it seemingly.

Owners could've easily sacked Gerrard after West Ham or Forest but chose not to so this is all on them imo.

If they genuinely until tonight still believed it would work under Gerrard then it dosen't really suggest to me ownership that is going to get the big calls right in the next five years. Hope I'm wrong as I'm genuinely baffled why they've let things get this bad as it's pretty similar to how we'd give Lambert endless games in bad runs but by then Lerner had given up.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, allani said:

I would like to think so so but I wonder if the owners focus has changed. If it has I’m very worried.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

It's all cosmetic though. We expanded the ground in 2000-01 but there was no real ambition to push on and we just stagnated in prem until Ellis sold up. 

No good putting great store in the youth system if the manager dosen't want to play them.

The thing you must get right is on the pitch and we're failing miserably and worse not even attempting to do anything about it seemingly.

Owners could've easily sacked Gerrard after West Ham or Forest but chose not to so this is all on them imo.

If they genuinely until tonight still believed it would work under Gerrard then it dosen't really suggest to me ownership that is going to get the big calls right in the next five years. Hope I'm wrong as I'm genuinely baffled why they've let things get this bad as it's pretty similar to how we'd give Lambert endless games in bad runs but by then Lerner had given up.

I don't think you can say the owners haven't tried to address the problems on the pitch.  They've invested heavily in the training facilities, academy, player recruitment, etc.  The only issue I have is that I think they have stalled over taking action on replacing Bruce, Smith and now Gerrard.  I agree that they probably should have given Steve the heave-ho earlier - but if they do so and make the right appointment now then I'd rather have a Board that give their manager one chance too many, than be a club that immediately sack the manager at the first sign of a bad run.  But yeah I agree they are probably now 3 or 4 weeks late in making the call because we seem to have tried nothing new in the last few weeks that suggest that Gerrard has the first idea of how to possibly turn this around.  

Bruce was quick enough IIRC and DS I think they just concluded he'd taken us as far as he could and I still wouldn't disagree.

Getting MLS club is all well and good but personally I'd like a sister club somewhere in europe, really liked the links to Vitoria Guimaraes 18 months back but nothing happened so far.

I hope it's not something like them both being massive fans of Carney and all his potential and them thinking since he left to Chelsea why bother spending endless amounts on youth set up if that happens.

20 minutes ago, Strog said:

I would like to think so so but I wonder if the owners focus has changed. If it has I’m very worried.

I think they are just guilty of wanting to give the manager a decent time at the start of the season (10 - 12 matches) to turn things around.  They did the same with both Bruce and Smith - giving both extra time to try and sort it out before making the final call.  So I don't see this as a change in behaviour or focus.  IF (of course) they do take action now.

*** Just seen the news.  Action taken.

Edited by allani

Â