The NSWE Board

Guest av1

COVID has been truly awful in thousands of millions of horrific ways. This comment is not intended to take away from all of those, and the people that have suffered.

For AVFC, I think this may have sped up our ascent back to the top by several years. Our wonderful owners, in true Warren Buffet style, have plenty of cash to spend exactly when other teams and owners do not!

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely,  and what's interesting is that all teethings they said, they've done, and done brilliantly - it's there in lots of little things, not just the obvious improvement on the pitch.

The day Wes and Nas arrived, they sat at Bodymoor Heath and talked about upgrading it - job done - massively improved facilities for the first team and a new stadium for the youth teams.

The first meeting Purslow had with the fans he talked about how disappointed he was that we didn't dominate the local area for young talent and how Albion had stolen a march on us, he said he'd change that - job done. 

The ladies team has been promoted and continues to be invested in.

Everything that has a Villa badge on it is better now than it was three years ago, and just about all of that is down to this ownership group.

They don't get the respect they deserve from the UK media.

We've gotten very lucky indeed.

We soon sorted Albion out, well and truly put them in their place 🤣🤣🤣

I agree with all you’ve said, they been outstanding for us.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just for clarity, am I correct in thinking it's not the club that have said their aim is to qualify for the Champions League by 2023/2024 - it's a fella on Twitter?

No, not a guy on Twitter. The account is just quoting the journalist (Ashley Preece - Birmingham Mail) and his report or quotes going off interviews with the club…

Dean and Purslow have indicated that this is the ambition, and coming from Purslow I would think that he is also relaying the owners’ thoughts…

Gonna read up some more n maybe find some more clarity but, again, with the way NSWE have been conducting themselves and the upward trajectory and rate of progress we have seen, I don’t think it’s an unreasonable aim at all. Doesn’t necessarily mean it will happen (so fast) but it’s good to have that aim and purpose…They have the credibility and resources to back it up, unlike our previous owners…

I can recall Sawiris saying that the sky is the limit for us and both of them saying that they want to restore the club to former glories and status..

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I would say Dean and Purslow have indicated that this is the ambition, and coming from Purslow I would think that he is also relaying the owners’ thoughts…

Gonna read up some more n maybe find some more clarity but, again, with the way NSWE have been conducting themselves and the upward trajectory and rate of progress we have seen, I don’t think it’s an unreasonable aim at all. Doesn’t necessarily mean it will happen (so fast) but it’s good to have that aim and purpose…They have the credibility and resources to back it up, unlike our previous owners…

I can recall Sawiris saying that the sky is the limit for us and both of them saying that they want to restore the club to former glories and status..

My big worry is that they have a really good  attempt, and like numerous other clubs find there is an unbreakable glass ceiling, and then they lose interest. 

My other worry is that the richer clubs again try to pull up the drawbridge with another ESL or similar, but this time with cleverer tactics which don’t lead to protests.

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

My big worry is that they have a really good  attempt, and like numerous other clubs find there is an unbreakable glass ceiling, and then they lose interest. 

My other worry is that the richer clubs again try to pull up the drawbridge with another ESL or similar, but this time with cleverer tactics which don’t lead to protests.

I wouldn’t be (too) concerned, NSWE are on a completely different level to any of our previous owners. Reputable, credible and very wealthy businessmen who are used to success…

They don’t just talk the talk, they walk the walk…

They have the resource, nous, ability and experience to backup their ambitions and achieve their targets. They’re not chancers like Xia and are actually knowledgable and incredibly wealthy unlike Lerner…

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

COVID has been truly awful in thousands of millions of horrific ways. This comment is not intended to take away from all of those, and the people that have suffered.

For AVFC, I think this may have sped up our ascent back to the top by several years. Our wonderful owners, in true Warren Buffet style, have plenty of cash to spend exactly when other teams and owners do not!

Indeed, sad to say but covid helped us a lot. Not just on the financial front like you said, if not for the March 2020 lockdown we would have most likely went down that season.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They don't get the respect they deserve from the UK media.

They don’t, but actually I think we can use that to our advantage. Take teams by surprise. Other fans thinking how can villa do that type of thing. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No, not a guy on Twitter. The account is just quoting the journalist (Ashley Preece - Birmingham Mail) and his report or quotes going off interviews with the club…

Although there's nothing on Ashley Preece's Twitter that suggests he's said that either, or in either of his most recent articles in the Mail.

I know it's a small thing, but the club have actually been very careful not to make claims like this and have gone out of their way to say that they won't be making claims like this - someone, most likely at "The Villa Faithful" or maybe Ashley Preece has given some good news an embellishment in order to make it seem more exciting, it's good news sexed up. I love the ambition of this board, I don't doubt that they have ambitions to get us into the Champions league, I do however doubt very much that they've suddenly decided to very quietly whisper to someone that they're looking for the Champions league in 2023/24 and that they have a well documented five year plan that says so - that's not how they do business.

It's the kind of thing that ends up getting picked up in lots of places until it becomes a weird sort of truth. This is how Jack Grealish agreed personal terms with Man City during the Euros.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Although there's nothing on Ashley Preece's Twitter that suggests he's said that either, or in either of his most recent articles in the Mail.

I know it's a small thing, but the club have actually been very careful not to make claims like this and have gone out of their way to say that they won't be making claims like this - someone, most likely at "The Villa Faithful" or maybe Ashley Preece has given some good news an embellishment in order to make it seem more exciting, it's good news sexed up. I love the ambition of this board, I don't doubt that they have ambitions to get us into the Champions league, I do however doubt very much that they've suddenly decided to very quietly whisper to someone that they're looking for the Champions league in 2023/24 and that they have a well documented five year plan that says so - that's not how they do business.

It's the kind of thing that ends up getting picked up in lots of places until it becomes a weird sort of truth. This is how Jack Grealish agreed personal terms with Man City during the Euros.

I see your point…

Think this was the article that was being referred to but, yes, it’s not a crystal clear quote as has been suggested:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/to-bring-club-back-how-21096979

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I wouldn’t be (too) concerned, NSWE are on a completely different level to any of our previous owners. Reputable, credible and very wealthy businessmen who are used to success…

They don’t just talk the talk, they walk the walk…

They have the resource, nous, ability and experience to backup their ambitions and achieve their targets. They’re not chancers like Xia and are actually knowledgable and incredibly wealthy unlike Lerner…

Yep, Randy had the money but absolutely no nous whatsoever.  

These guys have the cash (in spades) but actually far more importantly have the business acumen and sports club knowledge to achieve their aims.

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yep, Randy had the money but absolutely no nous whatsoever.  

These guys have the cash (in spades) but actually far more importantly have the business acumen and sports club knowledge to achieve their aims.

Yeah, I can’t see these guys giving the whole responsibility of running the club and managing the finances to the manager, certainly not a stubborn dipshit like MON! 🤣

• Like 3

Gianni's stays on with the team that drafted him (and paid handsomely to do so of course) and wins the title he was promised. Really hope Wes brings this up in the inevitable talks with Jack. It'll be even sweeter for Jack given he supported us as a boy.

Â