Christian Purslow

villan-scott

On 21/05/2023 at 22:35, It's Your Round said:

Having read your looong Purlsow love post, @AvfcRigo82, can I ask, why do you think NSWE haven’t sacked him? If you believe everything you’ve written then surely they’re slacking there?

NSWE out?

As it's been stated before me already, I don't think it's just as easy to sack him and boot him out of the club with all the negativity and unwanted attention it could bring to the club, aswell as lawsuits and what not. He is still the CEO and has a marginal small share within the club.

Also, It's not a case of NasWes out etc, far from it imo.

If they did decide that action was needed against CP, One approach from them could be as suggested, gradually phase him out? replacing his day to day duties with less of a footballing descision input?

I think it is an easier approach to take rather than bringing negativity to the club.

Just my two cents though.

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Wrong.

The same little band of the 4-5 posters continuously launching onto anyone with attack or insults who dare mention a slight negativity about Purslow.
...And yet it's all done without them actually offering any sensible counter constructive argument and just a continous tirade of attack in an attempt to try and belittle other posters by posting nothing but theatrical pathetic bollocks about grinding axes, the world being flat and bullshit about conspiracy theories, all because someone has posted something about Purslow that's upset them and doesn't suit their agenda.

there have been literally dozens of counter arguments that you just chose to ignore. like within your essay you mentioned:

On 21/05/2023 at 17:43, AvfcRigo82 said:

He delayed in sacking Slippy G when fans had been calling for his head for weeks! His reluctance saw Sawiris step in and pull the trigger instead.

Sawiris then went ahead and made the next appointment in Unai Emery. Despite Purslow trying to take credit for the appointment, It has been well documented that this is Sawiris man and bugger all to do with Purslow.

when it's been mentioned countless times that purslow is part owner and CEO and such decisions simply cannot be made without his approval. the official statement of gerrard's dismissal was made by purslow. you just choose to ignore this. there have been plenty of other counter arguments to the crap you've written but it just doesn't suit your agenda so you ignore it

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

there have been literally dozens of counter arguments that you just chose to ignore. like within your essay you mentioned:

when it's been mentioned countless times that purslow is part owner and CEO and such decisions simply cannot be made without his approval. the official statement of gerrard's dismissal was made by purslow. you just choose to ignore this. there have been plenty of other counter arguments to the crap you've written but it just doesn't suit your agenda so you ignore it

It's called an opinion ..

You asked me to name some of my opinions about Purslow, not sure why you're getting all Lemon and worked when the response is made?

29 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Sorry, you said you were 'not a fan' and I read that as a dislike. My apologies.

But the question still stands :) 

Why would I be a fan? I'm only interested in him doing his job well and he doesn't need my support for that. I don't have to like or dislike. 

• Like 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's called an opinion ..

You asked me to name some of my opinions about Purslow, not sure why you're getting all Lemon and worked when the response is made?

you're wording them as fact though! it's not "i think sawiris might have stepped in and appointed gerrard" it's "His reluctance saw Sawiris step in and pull the trigger instead."

so just to be clear, all of that little essay of yours is just your opinion and not what you consider to be fact?

having an opinion is fine. spouting facts which are not correct is not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

you're wording them as fact though! it's not "i think sawiris might have stepped in and appointed gerrard" it's "His reluctance saw Sawiris step in and pull the trigger instead."

so just to be clear, all of that little essay of yours is just your opinion and not what you consider to be fact?

having an opinion is fine. spouting facts which are not correct is not.

It's been well documented it's Sawiris man.

As my post stated - and if you can be arsed - feel free to Google it yourself. 

If you want to debate what Sawiris has and hasn't done then thats for the Sawiris thread I guess, not this one.

Enjoy your day.

Some of you lot are nuts and have no idea about organisational structures or job roles. Not to mention forgetting the fact that Purslow has put his own money into the club - he is quite literally an investor!
What are you even calling him out for? do you even know? Sure he got involved in actual football matters a little more than he should have, but from the a business perspective, we are doing pretty well no? 

Craziness. 

• Like 2

With the team doing wonderfully well, a manager and owners we all love and redevelop plans afoot, this thread almost feels like some are just desperately looking for something to moan about. 

52 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Some of you lot are nuts and have no idea about organisational structures or job roles. Not to mention forgetting the fact that Purslow has put his own money into the club - he is quite literally an investor!
What are you even calling him out for? do you even know? Sure he got involved in actual football matters a little more than he should have, but from the a business perspective, we are doing pretty well no? 

Craziness. 

Even that's hearsay - no one knows exactly what involvement he has had except those within the club.

• Like 1

This thread is...interesting for many a reason but I find it extremely fanciful that Purslow actually called him "Greedlish" and barely anyone on the planet noticed. It would have caused an enormous stir had he done so.

6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I find it extremely fanciful that Purslow actually called him "Greedlish"

13 seconds in to the linked video (as previously posted)

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/Christian-Purslow-on-Jack-Grealish-transfer/

Some people think it's a mere product of buffering at the exact moment between the first and second syllables of Grea-lish. Some people say he just says Grealish normally, and some  (including me) hear what we hear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's been well documented it's Sawiris man.

By who? The press? You're basing your entire diatribe on press articles?

Or are you sat around the board table at VP?

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/Christian-Purslow-on-Jack-Grealish-transfer/

Some people think it's a mere product of buffering at the exact moment between the first and second syllables of Grea-lish. Some people say he just says Grealish normally, and some  (including me) hear what we hear.

Aye, I'm aware and have seen it, that's what I'm referring to. As I said I find it a complete stretch for a few reasons, but each to their own.

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

I'm definitely leaning towards him saying 'Grealish' (although the buffering reallly doesn't help), but I can definitely hear both. There're enough of those videos out there where you can hear about 8 different words from a sound depending on what word is on the screen to know how hard it can be to know exactly what's being said!

I think he just says Grealish - I think it buffers a bit, but I still think that's what he says.

Weirdly, I don't remember us talking about that at the time - that could definitely just be my memory though.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he just says Grealish - I think it buffers a bit, but I still think that's what he says.

Weirdly, I don't remember us talking about that at the time - that could definitely just be my memory though.

same! first i heard it suggested was the other day...just did a search on greedlish in the JG thread...no mention of purslow saying it (just a few villatalkers) and certainly no matches on aug 5th which was the day the announcement was made

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

(Spoiler alert, it's not the press)

It was the press. He (Unai) was interviewed by Marca just after we beat Man U in his first game. The article says (translated)

Marca

The president of the club ... Nassef Sawiris, the largest individual shareholder of Adidas. And he is the man who convinced Emery to enroll in the Birmingham team.
Sawiris...explained to Emery his desire to break with the past, tired of investing and always being in results of minor teams to the Villa. He passionately showed the Hondarribia coach his ambitious strategic plan and his firm intention to invest with determination to build a team, step by step, capable of competing to be in the Champions League.

The other great reason for Emery to leave Villarreal, where he felt at ease professionally and personally and identified with the Roig family, was an object weighing just 10 g. A blank sheet of paper, where Sawiris pointing to its surface, asked the Spanish coach to draw a winning club for him. "Train my team and build me a new and winning Aston Villa." Emery, happy in yellow, but obsessed with challenges and overcoming his limits, accepted the challenge of that blank role, in a return to England, which also has clear tinges of personal vindication, after his time at Arsenal where he did not have the confidence, that his work in the first season deserved. And where his name was written on a piece of paper with too many conditions and irregular lines.

Which is a pretty big hint that Nas was absolutely key in the appointment (as a bare minimum). Of course the admin and detail of contracts and stuff would be CP's job, as CEO.

Like I say I'm neither a fan of nor opposed to CP, but the role of CP with Gerrard and Deano's appointments and with the Emery one was clearly very different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Â