Christian Purslow

villan-scott

54 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Yes he is a bit of a footballing dinosaur and not particularly a progressive chairman. I feel like for all the good he does his limitations hold us back. 

You’re right he’s not a progressive chairman, as that is Nassef.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We've invested heavily in the infrastructure of the academy including the new inner city building

We've invested heavily in the womens team

We've changed the badge

We're building a new stand including a community / fan centre outside and we're putting a supporter terrace on the holte

We've been on our first ever tour of oz (?) and are heading back to the states as we look to further expand our fan base 

Sure there's more examples... How can you say he's not progressive? We're making huge strides off the pitch

No cheese bar. 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Just watched the full Sky interview. He’s doing a grand job of getting Aston Villa out there in a positive way, whilst expressing his disgust at state owned clubs. Not so keen on the interviewer, mind. 

From the snippet I didn't mind her, came across a bit snidey and asking purposefully difficult questions rather than it being a meaningless jolly like you get on sky sports news or pushing it too far and being blindly argumentative and unintelligent like talksport

8 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Here’s a clip 

how can you not like him? do people not remember the likes of wyness?

even if (and it's a big if) he was solely responsible for gerrard, are we really going to keep beating him with that stick?

we have a CEO that's not just looking after the interests of our club, but the integrity of the sport, looking to drive change and enforce regulations so that we're not stuck with city buying the league year after year

he's alright in my book. i don't even care that he's a massive tory.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Despicable character pricing out loyal supporters, OAPs, students and young families from Villa Park on the sly.

Investigate that you tool.

or link the two together...

you want villa to compete with the state owned clubs while complying with the rules then the prices have to increase, the corporate side has to increase, the partners which none of us want have to increase

shame he didnt link the two himself, thought he could have been cute and both criticised and defended villa in the same stroke by saying we've had to increase our prices jsut to get anywhere near owners that break rules to artificially pump money in to their clubs

take FFP away or take man city's financial disparity away and the ST prices dont have to go up, take a wider view on what football has become which is what i thought CP was criticising

or just blame the club

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Ive got to be honest I find the fans complaining about price hikes a bit tiresome but I will also admit I’m not in the best position to criticise as I don’t have or want a season ticket. But I just don’t think it should be surprising. The cost of running the club has gone up. I mean Christ literally everything has gone up. There’s a huge waiting list and the tickets will get sold regardless. I get it prices some people out but I think that’s just the price of a successful club and heavy investment isn’t it?

Btw I think Purslow is both a Representative for Wellingborough and a good CEO. 

He did well with that interview. Though I agree with Beth Rigby, nothing he says gives me any confidence that those in charge of the PL or any regulator are going to be able to be able to stop the inevitability the dominance of the nation state clubs.

Â