Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Purslows two favourites for the Villa job last time out Steven Gerrard and Ralph Hasenhuttl are both the favourites to get the sack next

Edited by messi11

39 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I hope to god we bring someone in to look after the football side of things.

Purslow is great on the commercial side, let him stick to that!

That was the warning from Liverpool fans. Despite his strengths, he won't keep his nose out of the footballing side.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

That was the warning from Liverpool fans. Despite his strengths, he won't keep his nose out of the footballing side.

He was kept away from the football things at Chelsea, which worked fine. At Villa he’s the chief exec and there’s no-one to hold him back.

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Eying up his 4th cheese sandwich from the spread at the city grounds executive lounge

he could be next out the door after gerrard so can't blame him. fill yer boots christian

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Eying up his 4th cheese sandwich from the spread at the city grounds executive lounge

Hmm nice one, I was hungry and this put me over the top. Reminds me I have cheese and branston in the fridge. Also i am off work today so I will have a beer with it as well :) Cheers mate. This is probably the only positive from today. Now for the delicious choice, do I add marmite or mango chutney? 

Oh back on topic Purslow, do your job. 

I don't want to see him sacked. He's clearly a good negotiator and very good at getting business done in the transfer market. But that should be the extent of his involvement on the football side. The owners should identify the next manager, and the new manager and director of football should identify the players.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

If Purslow is as smart as he’d like us all to believe he’ll be lining up another manager, and working on his excuse for the Gerrard experiment 

If he’s not doing that then he needs to look for another job. Our owners may be inexperienced in football matters but they know what a good CEO looks like. I think he was brought in to steady the ship from the complete disaster that went before them. They identified him as an experienced football CEO who would be competent in a world that was new to them. They won’t have learned nothing during the time they’ve been here, including seeing CEOs of other clubs and how they operate. I can’t imagine they’ve been impressed with the last 12 months, watching their CEO use the club as a vanity project and effectively dismantle a huge amount of the work done to move the club forward. Letting his dream managerial appointment  basically take over recruitment strategy, throw away millions of pounds in the process, while bringing virtually zero coaching ability. I’d say Larry Limelight’s position is now critically linked to that of SG who he could follow out of the door or even share a cab with him to the job centre.

A period of traditional Villa turmoil could be on the way. Hopefully NSWE style turmoil is smooth, ruthless and ultimately successful. Watch this space. 

Edited by DaveAV1

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

What do you think Purslow is doing right now?

Trying to figure out how he can stay aboard if the owners call and say why was this guy even given an interview? Why are we paying him £6m a year? Why did we bring all his shit analysts who clearly don't understand football either?

6 hours ago, TomC said:

I don't want to see him sacked. He's clearly a good negotiator and very good at getting business done in the transfer market. But that should be the extent of his involvement on the football side. The owners should identify the next manager, and the new manager and director of football should identify the players.

No way would Gerrard would stop to do that job, he would feel it would be slap in face plus the new manager may not want Gerrard in that position.  Clear house and get the new manager in.

14 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This guy isn’t very good at recruiting managers. Think Smith is probably his only decent hire at the right time. Didn’t work out long term though… 

should be Lange's job, obviously with his position he has to be involved with the discussions and negotiations but it should be Lange's shortlist and proposal

Â