Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The Mirror said he staying at Chelsea to fight for his place

And we can trust the Mirror because as we all know, mirrors only ever reflect reality.

Unless, that is... you get bored at the Championship circus and venture into the Aston Villa House of Mirrors, where Steve Bruce can erase his guilty kebab eating habit in front of the skinny mirror and Grant Holt rediscovers his goalscoring form in front of the Tammy Abraham mirror.

Customers are advised that the Grant Holt mirror is not working at the moment and refunds will not be made available. Aston Villa apologises for any inconvenience caused.

21 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Could be the difference between us staying in the championship and getting to the premier league.

think that will be the manager more than any player

• Like 4

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

I don't see the need for this myself. Hogan and Davis are both due back September.

Yes as both are so profolic between bith if then they have less than ten goals.

I go think though we should move on from Abraham as foe me he don't want the move and that for me even if he came would he put his all in? I dont think he would

Let's more on to other targets. Would love a move for Austin or Chris wood.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I go think though we should move on from Abraham as foe me he don't want the move and that for me even if he came would he put his all in? I dont think he would

Wood might be a good option but I wouldn't take a punt on Austin because of his injury record. I still think Solanke could do a job for us. Would rather him than nobody at all.

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Then their average would be equal to Abraham's goal tally last season.

Hogan and Davis are worthy backups and are both capable of being involved in a winning side at this level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

Then their average would be equal to Abraham's goal tally last season.

Hogan and Davis are worthy backups and are both capable of being involved in a winning side at this level.

They would be if we played to their strengths, which I guess with Davis is probably easier given our current tactics. Maybe with Bolasie and El Ghazi on the wings we can integrate Hogan more effectively, but at the moment I don't see those 2 providing enough goals to get us in to the PL if Kodjia gets injured.

Looking at it from his and Chelsea's point of view he's already had 1 (very successful) loan spell in the Championship, sure he learned a lot.

And another one in the PL at Swansea that was a bit meh.

'What more is he going to learn by playing in the Championship again under far inferior coaches than he'll have at Chelsea?

Sure he'll get game time and likely regain some confidence in his scoring, but that's about it.

For his development it might be better to loan him to Germany, Holland or France where he'll learn something new.

I also get why he'd wan't to stay with Chelsea and showcase himself for the new manager.

In the end thou I imagine he might get a loan move before the window closes pending on how Sarri rates him.

7 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I don't see the need for this myself. Hogan and Davis are both due back September.

whilst I have a similar agreement with those thoughts, I don't think a promotion contender should be relying on just Kodjia, Davis and Hepburn Murphy for an entire season since it looks like Hogan's going to be loaned out. 

Really hope this will go through but at this moment, I'm pretty skeptical.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

whilst I have a similar agreement with those thoughts, I don't think a promotion contender should be relying on just Kodjia, Davis and Hepburn Murphy for an entire season since it looks like Hogan's going to be loaned out. 

Really hope this will go through but at this moment, I'm pretty skeptical.

Was unaware that Hogan might be loaned, thanks for that bit of info.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Wood might be a good option but I wouldn't take a punt on Austin because of his injury record. I still think Solanke could do a job for us. Would rather him than nobody at all.

Austin is too old. We don't sign players over 30 anymore. Abraham would be a nice player to have as backup to kodj and direct competition. 

I think he was linked to Sheffield Utd. It would be somewhat annoying to see him go out and score plenty goals for them. The system we play just doesn’t suite him, he was banging them in before he arrived. 

Â