Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Not even in the Chelsea squad again today. He’s mad if he stays there and wastes a year, ‘competing’ for a place. 

Whoever is advising him needs to have a word. 

Didn't hurt Harry Kane going on number of spells on loan although they wasn't great to Millwall, Norwich & Leicester but look where he is now!

Tammy needs to think about things like this as overall as spell back in Championship will do his career the world of good

Badly advised by his agent no doubt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Didn't hurt Harry Kane going on number of spells on loan although they wasn't great to Millwall, Norwich & Leicester but look where he is now!

Tammy needs to think about things like this as overall as spell back in Championship will do his career the world of good

Badly advised by his agent no doubt.

Exactly. Abraham got himself into the England squad following his loan at Bristol. A few cameos at Chelsea and barely any minutes will leave him falling even further down the pecking order. 

A loan here for a year, in front of an expectant crowd and firing us to promotion will do him no harm whatsoever. There will be more pressure here than he experienced at Bristol in his last stint down here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

I suspect as Bruce has said no offer has been made by Villa that he isn't coming

Could it be because we know he's a bit Billy Big Time and wouldn't want to move on loan to a Championship team again? Perhaps it's him rather than his agent that is reluctant about another loan move? He is a top prospect but if his preference is to sit on a PL bench now and again then so be it.

From the way the media paint this picture is that Tammy doesn't want to drop down and wants to fight for his place at Stamford bridge. Not only that but the media portrays Tammy as a player who thinks he's an entitled human, that expects everything to be thrown at him and doesn't want to work to much for it.

I personally, if the media have him rite, do not really want that type of player at villa, that type of player brings problems, ie Ross.

Really Tammy should of showed a willingness to drop down, certainly looks like he's happy to sit there and collect wages rather than play football and first team football with us.

I would say let this Tammy deal die and chase someone who is willing to put in the time, loyalty, effort, someone who shows there eager to come to villa and score us goals while helping a promotion push.

If Steve is rite then we have yet to even talk to Tammy, maybe it's for the best he stays put and he's let to ponder on his silliness, all because he wants to stay top flight. At the end of the day it's all any player would want is to be with the best, but when your pushed out and sat not doing nothing, it can effect your whole game, mind and fitness. Staying with your club may not be an option and for the time being may need the next best offer and I'd say we are it for Tammy.

Because of how long it's taking for Tammy to be interested, I would go show someone else interest who is actually worth the time and energy, there could be a really good player who would put his all in and we are wasting time on someone who looks like he doesn't even want to budge in our direction.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

They would be if we played to their strengths, which I guess with Davis is probably easier given our current tactics. Maybe with Bolasie and El Ghazi on the wings we can integrate Hogan more effectively, but at the moment I don't see those 2 providing enough goals to get us in to the PL if Kodjia gets injured.

You can forget about Bolasie for creativity. All he does is cut inside and shoot. Probably get his fair share of goals but I don;t think he;s ever had more than 5 assists in a season.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2018 at 00:08, villakram said:

He'd be mad to come to Villa managed by Bruce.

I'd imagine that there are many better options available if he wishes to drop down to our level.

Care to name the "better options" and explain why they are better?

• Like 2

I'd imagine that there are many better options available if he wishes to drop down to our level.

Way to instill confidence, I really disagree with you, he would Have no better place than villa if he dropped down.

Villa are well know also for loaners coming to us and having great spells and that's what Abraham needs, he needs a reason to give to Chelsea, so that they would be crazy not to first team him, he could get that with us since we have the support for a player like him.

Like I said though, I don't think I want him with us,to much self entitled rubbish it seems.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Care to name the "better options" and explain why they are better?

Many leagues all across Europe for starters. I he came to the champo, then one of the teams that play football instead of Bruceball. 

6 hours ago, villakram said:

Many leagues all across Europe for starters. I he came to the champo, then one of the teams that play football instead of Bruceball. 

Sounds a bit like “anyone but Villa” which is not a great thing to read on a Villa fan site.

• Haha 1

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Is it massive? I hear he is good but I don’t know much of him, is it as big as when we signed Bent?

I would say so for this level. Look at his record at Bristol city.  He is has the hunger for it at this level along with bolaise this team looks superb goung forward better than even last season

• Like 1

Your overthinking it - he gets game time and plays for one of the bigger high profile clubs in the championship - Bruce is pretty well liked by his players , and Don't think Bruce being or not being manager is that much of a factor .. and in terms of landing big name players Bruce has done pretty well , Terry, Snodgrass,  etc.

• Like 3

Â