Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

Its really odd having a player who is so important to us, but yet has no gurantee of even being here in the next month. I dont remember us ever being so dependent on a player who doesnt belong to us. Itd weird from a supporter perspective,  the fans were singing his name loudest and most frequently today and rightly so. Dont want to get too used to him.

Is he our most important loan signing in recent years?

Obviously not a loan but With Benteke you always knew he was leaving, but this is a real up in the air one, and he owes us absolutely nothing.

Chelsea fans are calling for his immediate return, they want him back badly and if the fans are asking there is a possibility of it happening.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Its really odd having a player who is so important to us, but yet has no gurantee of even being here in the next month. I dont remember us ever being so dependent on a player who doesnt belong to us. Itd weird from a supporter perspective,  the fans were singing his name loudest and most frequently today and rightly so. Dont want to get too used to him.

Is he our most important loan signing in recent years?

Obviously not a loan but With Benteke you always knew he was leaving, but this is a real up in the air one, and he owes us absolutely nothing.

I think at this moment in time we are still in a mess with our squad and yes is the answer, he is very important to us which is an understatement.

If Tammy goes, Smith has to find someone worthy enough to fill his boots, that means really splashing out on a striker who is in form I think we should do that anyway as I dont think anymore contracts should be given to the strikers we have for obvious reasons.

We need to think about what happens when we don't have Tammy, its going to happen if Chelsea don't sell him or we don't go up. We should find an inform striker, embed him into the squad because it will take time for him to get used to life at villa in the new style so that whe/if Tammy goes, our new striker is ready for business and can start scoring.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/chelsea-tammy-abraham-batshuayi-sarri-15617817

Asked if he would consider calling either Abraham or Batshuayi back, the Italian said: “No, because I have the option with Hazard in this position.

“We have Morata and Hazard can play very well in this position as we have seen in the last two, three matches, so I think that in the moment I don’t need another striker.

Sounds positive at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s on a season-long loan deal, I’d be very surprised if Chelsea recalled him

Well hes registered to two teams already so cant play for anyone else this season, he goes back he misses half a seaon of playing. If he goes back the hard work Tammy has done not just in scoring goals, but any fitness and form, pretty much goes. Its very possible if teams want to bid war for him that if chelsea decide to cash in, just means any team eho aquires him, wont be able to field Tammy till next season, but Smith reckons Chelsea ha e given no indication that they want to sell Tammy, which in turn could mean Smith has even asked about a possible sake to Villa and they have said no to that.

I think a successful villa team who get promoted with Tammy in it, would see his value sky rocket the way he's performing. Really it all means we would no doubt have more money to spend on him being in the premiere, which means we would and could part with more cash than alot of those premiere teams could if we was in the premiere. Chelsea know how much our owners have, I think they are playing a waiting game and a very smart one with Tammy, waiting for that rite buyer, after all at some point have no choice but to downsize there squad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Well that puts it to rest then doesn't it, that's great news for us bad brews for all those teams Tammy is going to bang away at.

17 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

5749c1e0102f6_KennethWilliams.jpeg.f26b6c565274f9b515ea12cb96fa4f49.jpeg

That is a fantastic response.. I can just hear his voice now in my head,  was crazy funny.

Edited by Dave-R

16 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Well hes registered to two teams already so cant play for anyone else this season, he goes back he misses half a seaon of playing. If he goes back the hard work Tammy has done not just in scoring goals, but any fitness and form, pretty much goes. Its very possible if teams want to bid war for him that if chelsea decide to cash in, just means any team eho aquires him, wont be able to field Tammy till next season, but Smith reckons Chelsea ha e given no indication that they want to sell Tammy, which in turn could mean Smith has even asked about a possible sake to Villa and they have said no to that.

You can register with 3 teams in a Season but only play in official matches for 2. He has already played in the community shield for Chelsea but this is not counted so he is only counted as having played for us.

Chelsea can recall him & play him with no problems or recall him and sell him to someone who will also be able to play him.

Seems Wolves may be interested & i would imagine he would be interested in a move there if given the chance.

(quick example is Grabban last year. Bournemouth registered player but played on loan for both Sunderland & us)

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Sad 1

I stick by what I said earlier in the thread. He’s a natural goalscorer, works hard and we’d be knackered without his goals.

That said, his hold up play and passing are nowhere near as good as they should be for someone who wants to play in the premier league. He gives the ball away a lot.

You can’t criticise though, man scores 2 goals every week. 

Couple of bits of fun stats I saw on the AVFC site:

Tammy’s goal to game ratio (1:1.25) is currently the best of any Villa player ever (he’s ahead of Pongo Waring);

He is on course to become Villa’s first 20 goal a season forward since Peter Withe in 1980/1.

There you have the history of Aston Villa in a nutshell and a snapshot of just how important Tammy is to us at the moment.

Now watch him go get injured...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I stick by what I said earlier in the thread. He’s a natural goalscorer, works hard and we’d be knackered without his goals.

That said, his hold up play and passing are nowhere near as good as they should be for someone who wants to play in the premier league. He gives the ball away a lot.

You can’t criticise though, man scores 2 goals every week. 

I think his hold up play is great, I think he is the complete centre forward

Â