Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I've not seen anything so far this year that has shown he can make the step up into the Premier League. Hopefully he settles down soon and starts to perform.

I didn't see enough last year to think he could step up.

Like it or not, I can count the amount of good games he's had for Villa on one hand. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I've not seen anything so far this year that has shown he can make the step up into the Premier League. Hopefully he settles down soon and starts to perform.

No, for 90% of the time he's been poor.  The trouble is, so has Jota, which means we've only got Trez who looks halfway competent out wide.

• Like 1

Didn't see the game, just replays of the incident.

Hope he's alright because that sort of thing doesn't appear to be behaviour you expect from him. Doesn't fit at all.

Annoyed, frustrated, whatever. He can channel some anger into challenging full backs instead of his own team mates. Nothing but powderpuff performances from him so far this season (presuming he served up the same last night); yes, including Crewe and Everton.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I didn't see enough last year to think he could step up.

Like it or not, I can count the amount of good games he's had for Villa on one hand. 

This is it for me. He had 7 or 8 good games end of last season but was pretty anonymous before that and has looked pretty poor so far this year. 

I think he has been a bit disrespectful of this League. He's approached it with swagger, thinking he can stroll past players like he did in the Championship. He should be more humble and cognisant of the calibre of players he is now up against. 

Can see him fading, especially if we bring in some quality/pace in January, which has to be the priority.  

• Like 2

I saw people on twitter commending his passion in relation to the mings incident. I think that's a load of crap, the only thing he was passionate about was covering his arse for his mistake. I think he'd be better served keeping his mouth shut and listening to Mings. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kiltorken said:

I saw people on twitter commending his passion in relation to the mings incident. I think that's a load of crap, the only thing he was passionate about was covering his arse for his mistake. I think he'd be better served keeping his mouth shut and listening to Mings. 

It was highly unprofessional and disappointing and does lead you to question is character and temperament. On top of that he's not demonstrating much quality on the ball, failing to deliver any sort of quality into the box as well as running down blind alleys rather than playing the simple ball. Decision making is atrocious on his behalf.

• Like 1

He would be better with an overlapping fullback, but you could see that even when Taylor did overlap, West Ham knew Ghazi wasn't going to pass it to him, because Taylor can't cross. 

I think he did ok, he lost a few, took the ball too far on occasion, I'd like to see him with Targett though. 

I used to be a winger, and there really is nothing worse than tracking back when you've just ran half the length of the pitch and back.. the mileage is crazy. 

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So we're just going to ignore how it was Mings who got into his face first? For something that wasn't even his fault no less. The headbutt was out of line but let's not act like he was out there looking for a confrontation.

yep i'm ignoring that...el ghazi was the one that crossed the line. if you dont want to be shouted at, then dont **** up

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yep i'm ignoring that...el ghazi was the one that crossed the line. if you dont want to be shouted at, then dont **** up

He didn't...that's the point. Noble was Jack's man who he completely lost.

Also yelling is one thing, but getting in his face is another. You do that shit to opposition players, not your own teammate, even if he ***** up.

• Like 1

The fact that everyone is talking about Anwar's conduct and not Mings almost vindicates his anger in that moment. There are some players in our squad that are untouchable and then players like Anwar who are easy targets. He must have an attitude problem because of a couple of incidents, or because he looks like he's sulking or because he like haircut etc etc, meanwhile Jack is getting into spats every game and squaring up to refs telling them to ***** off and he's supposed to be our captain, but nobody talks about his attitude because he's our golden boy Jack. Mings should have given Jack a rollicking because it was his mistake, but instead chose to take his frustration out on the easier target.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 4

Yes he played terrible but i think the whole coming together between him and Mings is being blown all out of proportion by the media.

You would think listening to SSN it were similar to the infamous Bowyer/Dyer incident which is ridiculous.

The media have always hated us and they just can't wait to put the boot in as usual. 

They are also probably desperate to fulfill their prophecy that we are going to do a Fulham.

Â