Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There are reports el ghazi is getting a lot of abuse from our fan base on his social media. 

If true we really do have some right dicks in our fan base. As frustrating as it was with his miss he didnt delibrately intend to miss did he?  

Also el ghazi bloody is the reason we got promoted with his goal at Wembley. I dont agree with social media abuse that's taking it too far

Sad to hear. At least if he plays none of them will be in the stadium to put him off!

19 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I hope people will wame up and in match threada stop calling for him to come on, even a tired Trezegeut still shows more than this guy.

I thought it was time to unleash Vasilev as Davis was a good call for a sub he troubled the Toffees. 

Right now, Indiana is a complete waste of space at this level. He's not ready yet at all.

On 17/07/2020 at 09:49, Delphinho123 said:

Exactly. Unfortunately, we consistently have 6/7 of them starting in our team every week. 

Such a shame because in Grealish, Mings, McGinn and Luiz, you have a solid premier league base to build with.

A large part of why we will go down this season is the quality of our wingers. They wouldn’t get into most championship sides. 

My Liverpool fan mate, who is not all that into football but is very smart, said to me in October that we'll go down because we can't score. Wesley wasn't good enough and there wasn't anyone else. He was right and you are right, besides wingers we don't have a goal threat.

• Like 1

The fact is el ghazi is our only player that gambles in the box because of that no one takes advantage of his good balls into the box and el ghazi is our only player who ever gets good chances. That puts lots of pressure on them as without it we may not score for the rest of the game. If he was playing for a better team there wouldn't be so much pressure on them and he would likely score more of them.

Frankly giving him abuse is embarrassing we knew what he is. He is a confidence player in a team devoid of confidence no wonder he struggles to finish chances.

His performances have gone down hill since guilbert has been out for obvious reasons. Without him there is no overlapping and it means often el ghazi will be playing 2 or 3 v 1 because he gets no support from midfield which is a coaching issue.

I personally think we should have played him upfront as he would get more chances (and on the end of balls unlike our other strikers) and not be relied on to track back. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

How do you know that? He has played what two games for final 10 mins?

Exactly.

If he was that good he’ll be starting over Sir Anwar and Mahmoud (or getting longer than 10 minutes anyway)

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

There are reports el ghazi is getting a lot of abuse from our fan base on his social media. 

If true we really do have some right dicks in our fan base. As frustrating as it was with his miss he didnt delibrately intend to miss did he?  

Also el ghazi bloody is the reason we got promoted with his goal at Wembley. I dont agree with social media abuse that's taking it too far

not surprised, it has been coming for a while. This thread is usually toxic when he plays especially when he was accused of faking injury.

31 minutes ago, MCU said:

Exactly.

If he was that good he’ll be starting over Sir Anwar and Mahmoud (or getting longer than 10 minutes anyway)

Norwich manager was refusing to start younger players in the relegation battle as didnt want to scar any future development. Certainly a chance Smith is doing the same

2 hours ago, MCU said:

Exactly.

How many times has smith used youth? He hasnt started one youth player in the league

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Just watched the chance back. He was 100% offside in the build up so pretty sure it would have been chalked off anyway 

Are you sure? It seems like the pass came at the right time.

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Just watched the chance back. He was 100% offside in the build up so pretty sure it would have been chalked off anyway 

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 15.52.16.png

Bit small, but it's not offside at all.

Edited by Rolta

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

I think he meant the ball played prior to that 

I don't think that makes a difference. It was a new phase of play. He was onside for a long time.

Edited by Rolta

Just now, useless said:

It's gone now, need to forget about it and hope he can make amends the next time he gets a chance. Could end up being the player that keeps us int he division.

People are so optimistic

4 minutes ago, momo said:

People are so optimistic

While there's hope why wouldn't you at least entertain it?

So much unexpected stuff happens in sport, and we're definitely not out of it yet.

We're still favorites to do down, but it wouldn't take the most unlikely set of results to keep us up. We could even lose to Arsenal and still have a chance if Man City beat Watford by three or four goals.

Â