Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

On Anwar, I wish him the very best.

It's a shame for him if it's to Everton as the state of that club at the moment and where they are headed under Rafa it isn't going to be a nice environment.

He needs a positive and encouraging environment and I can't imagine he's going to get that as the make-weight in a fan-favourite being pushed out, being signed by their least popular manager in a long time, as a winger in one of the least attacking teams in the league.

Going to be bloody tough if he gets off too a difficult start after so little football. but I wish him the best and for the memories. He really deserves to kick on in his career and I hope he can

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 3

I really like Anwar, he seems a really nice lad he's very talented and he's always contributed for us. He has been an excellent signing for what we paid. Its a shame he has such confidence issues and poor decision making because that what stops him being a really good winger. If he goes to Everton and comes back to VP one day I hope he is remembered fondly. 

• Like 3

Just had a read of the Everton forum (god they sound depressed) and they are also suggesting it’s a loan, and seem to be suggesting that his agent is good friends with their owner and is pushing the move. (I’m not going to try and spell the agents name but it’s the same bloke Coutinho works with) 

Edited by av1

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just had a read of the Everton forum (god they sound depressed) and they are also suggesting it’s a loan, and seem to be suggesting that his agent is good friends with their owner and is pushing the move. (I’m not going to try and spell the agents name but it’s the same bloke Coutinho works with) 

I know Everton are sort of broke but they've just signed two FBs for 30m!

Surely they can afford 7-8m for El Ghazi if we're haggling over Digne fee and not wanting to go over 20m.

Deal that reasonably suits both parties. We need Digne more than Rafa does and El Ghazi could be decent rotation option with Gray and Townsend and he's hardly going to play here rest of season with Coutinho around.

I know they are saying it is not linked to Digne but at 15M it definitely looks like the clubs are trying to over inflate the value of the players for FFP purposes. We will probably then buy Digne for 35M on the books.  This will bolster the income of both clubs, while the cost is amortized over the length of the contract. Not a finance expert, but I read this is what Italian and French clubs do regularly.

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I know they are saying it is not linked to Digne but at 15M it definitely looks like the clubs are trying to over inflate the value of the players for FFP purposes. We will probably then buy Digne for 35M on the books.  This will bolster the income of both clubs, while the cost is amortized over the length of the contract. Not a finance expert, but I read this is what Italian and French clubs do regularly.

I would think they would try to under inflate them so the total cost of purchase + wages / contract length is less?

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just saw something saying that, it's actually a loan they want lol.

Excitement calmed.

No point loaning a player to a direct rival and strengthening them unless there’s an obligation to buy. Loan would have to be abroad to make sense, imo.

Â