Match Thread: Yeovil v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Doyle Hayes has been poor?! What on earth have you been smoking?

Him and Andre have been my pick so far.

Hayes has done nothing notable all match. Isn't doing anything defensively, and isn't helping start the attacks. Just a passenger so far. He looks like he doesn't know what his role is. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Positives?

We now know that Bruce made the right call in not starting Axel at CB and not starting Hourihane on Sat. (Which is what everyone was crying for)

Also, as much as I dont rate him, Elmo looks better than Adomah on that wing.

Tuanzebe next to Chester would be fine, he's the only one at the back who looks composed on the ball. His distribution is good, unfortunately he is distributing to Whelan.

Hourihane looks pants. 

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

It is a foul on Whelan, it’s a good call. Pushes him in the face twice.

yeah you can clearly see him forcing his shirt into whelans hand and making him pull it so he falls over. disgusting

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, YLN said:

I'm not sure Yeovil would start many of the Villa youngsters if they had them on loan. No surprises that our second string is struggling against their first team. 

Hepburn-Murphy and Doyle-Hayes are basically the only second string players.

• Like 1

I'm glad there's some anger here - over the last two or three seasons we've had too many evenings with shameful performances, they've become almost acceptable - they aren't. We're Aston Villa, we're a team competing at the top end of the championship - losing to Yeovil is not and never will be acceptable, no matter what the circumstance. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Hayes has done nothing notable all match. Isn't doing anything defensively, and isn't helping start the attacks. Just a passenger so far. He looks like he doesn't know what his role is. 

True, but he's hardly being helped by Hourihane and Whelan. They've spent 45 minutes running around like headless chickens with Hourihane passing to Yeovil more than his team