Match Thread: Yeovil v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

Our defence hasn't helped either of our new keepers. I'd love to see our new guys playing with a decent defence, but I doubt we will.

Hard to rate keepers when they are put under pressure by defence. I have to question what we do in training.

Conor is looking like he doesn't want to be playing so I'd take him off. 

Doyle Hayes has been poor so I'd consider taking him off. 

Adomah has had two flashes, but outside of that, has been invisible all half. 

Whelan's passing has been horrible so I'd consider taking him off. 

Take your pick honestly.

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

This is the first bit of football I've seen us play live since last season. Christ it's bad.

i didnt think we that much better in the 2 league games but we won so you get shot down as an always unhappy typical villa fan if you suggest it

• Like 1

Villa play poor, too dull to watch villa play in this way. keep repeated tactical which not suitable our forward, why we are  play this way … no so effective.

once we play kill pass into box we look live and energies, only problem we has is lack creative and movement in forward. 

Whelan and Houriance need sub at half time swap McGinn and Grealish as we too deep when we should go pressure on them and push up to field.

Green is Best player on the pitch and H-Doyles is did good job, would like see Hayes-Doyles with McGinn in Centre midfield I think both will prefect balance.

Houriance and Adomah are disappointed me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Conor is looking like he doesn't want to be playing so I'd take him off. 

Doyle Hayes has been poor so I'd consider taking him off. 

Adomah has had two flashes, but outside of that, has been invisible all half. 

Whelan's passing has been horrible so I'd consider taking him off. 

Take your pick honestly.

Doyle Hayes has been poor?! What on earth have you been smoking?

Him and Andre have been my pick so far.

Edited by TreeVillan
  • Like 1

Aside from a 5 min spell around the half hour mark, that was 45 mins of utter shit.

Cant pass, no movement, no attempt to work it up the pitch, and liable to horrendous defensive moments.

Face it, this is what its always going to be like under Bruce. Muddling our way through the season hoping Jack can win us enough games to go up.

Just now, Alakagom said:

This did not age well from pre-match thread  ??

genuinely don't think the pre match excitement at the lineup was misplaced, think you have to point the finger at the preperation for the game. Looks like it involved hide and seek rather than football.

• Like 1