Match Thread: Yeovil v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm glad there's some anger here - over the last two or three seasons we've had too many evenings with shameful performances, they've become almost acceptable - they aren't. We're Aston Villa, we're a team competing at the top end of the championship - losing to Yeovil is not and never will be acceptable, no matter what the circumstance. 

was going to post the same, cant even remember after which shit cup performance in the last 2 years it was that was followed by a wave of "forgte the cups only promotion matters"

nope "performances" like this highlight serious issues at the club, playing better individuals in the league games gets bruce out of the shit

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Hayes has done nothing notable all match. Isn't doing anything defensively, and isn't helping start the attacks. Just a passenger so far. He looks like he doesn't know what his role is. 

I was surprised to see both him and Whelan in the starting line up - they're essentially the same player, with Doyle-Hayes being 15 years younger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

All these players are pretty average. Put one or two of them in the team with better players and they can do a job. Field a whole team of them and  this what you get. 

Where's the whole team of second string though=

Any of our side would be a starter for Yoevil every week, Weird how they manage to 1. know what to do, 2. Knw what their team mates are going to do, 3. Play as a group.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dick said:

Hard to rate keepers when they are put under pressure by defence. I have to question what we do in training.

Play Fortnite by the looks of things.

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Hayes has done nothing notable all match. Isn't doing anything defensively, and isn't helping start the attacks. Just a passenger so far. He looks like he doesn't know what his role is. 

that reason I notice this as well because he is push forward by Whelan as he told him keep forward and he sweep back 4 midfield, that why he don't know what to do because Whelan play his roles where he regular do it  for u23 as he always command in midfield and control midfield line, kill pass he supply to RMH as he did and RMH waste many chance as he knew RHM well,  and he can support defence as well he always do it in pre-season.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

over the last two or three seasons we've had too many evenings with shameful performances, they've become almost acceptable 

Not acceptable, but expected, perhaps.

It's poor, and it's not showing signs of changing.

But why would it, I suppose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I was surprised to see both him and Whelan in the starting line up - they're essentially the same player, with Doyle-Hayes being 15 years younger.

Grealish for Whelan might sort us right out actually

Genuinely, no shape and no idea what they are supposed to be doing.  I would be embarrassed sending out an u18 side in a local league if they played like that.

How long are Bruce, Calderwood and that Spurs reject going to steal a living?

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

that what I think same, that why I not suspire hayes begin un-sure what to do and Whelan told  him what to do when he is play his (hayes) roles. it is confused for Hayes.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We definitely need two DMs against the mighty Yeovil

• Like 1